Any suggestions for Breast Lift, asymmetry, under-developed, degree of ptosis? (photos)

Hi. Has always had difficulty in accepting the difference in my breasts. Gradually, as my right breast started sagging it has become more obvious. I'm looking to do a breast lift and get symmetry in size. Which surgery is recommended? What degree of ptosis is my right breast? Is my left breast underdeveloped?

Can my breast look more symmetric with surgery?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You do have a significant asymmetry including ptosis of the right breast.  There are several ways to approach this for a solution.  Your preferences would guide the treatment needed.  One could have a reduction of the right breast with a lift and attempt to make both breast the same as the smaller one.  One could also consider enlarging the smaller breast to match the larger one.  This alone would not correct the ptosis.  There are also combinations of reduction, lift and implants all depending on the goals of the individual.  I would recommend starting with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Several choices

You could either lift both and reduce the larger breast or lift both and place implants. You should see aboard certified plastic surgeon for consultation to determine your preference.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

You breast asymmetry can be addressed with a standard breast lift, either by itself or along with implants, either saline or silicone.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Any suggestions for Breast Lift, asymmetry, under-developed.

Thank you for your question and photos.
Your asymmetry is noticeable and much of what will be offered to you will depend on your physical examination and your personal goals. Some type of breast lifting of the larger side may be indicated (it's difficult to see from the photos).

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Make sure that you learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with each option you are considering. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Any suggestions for Breast Lift, asymmetry, under-developed, degree of ptosis?

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you do have marked asymmetry.  A combination of a lift (to correct the ptosis on the right breast), along with possible right side reduction and augmentation of the left side could all improve the asymmetry.  Physical exam is needed to discuss your options and goals you would like to achieve.  I have an office in Beverly Hills if I can be of assistance.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast augmentation

It is difficult to tell from the picture if you actually have ptosis of the right breast, but it appears to me that the nipple is either above or right at the inframammary fold. The left breast just appears smaller. This is a very common issue. I would see a board-certified plastic surgeon In your area to discuss breast augmentation. It is easy enough to use 2 different size implants to give you a symmetric size and if the nipples are a different positions a mastopexy can also address those asymmetries.

Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Options Depend on Your Desired Outcome

There are a number of options that can fix your asymmetry. The right choice for you will really depend on your desired outcome. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area since an in person examination is mandatory for making an accurate recommendation. However, your choices could include a breast reduction on the larger breast or a breast lift on the larger breast with an implant on the smaller breast. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast asymmetry

Your anatomic situation is not that uncommon.  The treatment is not straightforward and will require advanced surgical techniques and judgement. The goal is symmetry. Beyond that you need to think about what your aesthetic ideal is. You can lift and reduce the right side to match the smaller and higher left breast. You can put a small implant in the left and just lift the right. Or you can lift the right and augment both sides using different-sized implants.  The latter option is probably what most patients would choose to do. You have many choices and all of them will improve the appearance of your breasts by achieving better symmetry.  Get a few opinions from board-certified plastic surgeons.  I hope this information helps!

Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena, CA

Breast asymmetry and underdeveloped

You are absolutely correct in that you need to have a breast lift and implant augmentation performed simultaneously. You have asymmetric breasts and grade I ptosis and one underdeveloped breast. All these can be corrected and you can have beautiful and larger breasts in a single surgery. Please see examples below and make a consultation to go over your details.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Surgery

Thank you for your question and a breast lift on one side with an asymmetric size augmentation on both will solve the difference or a lift with a small reduction on the same side may also.  Either way an examination and discussion of desired goals is needed.  So see some experts in your are

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD