Breast lift with areola reduction? (Photo)

I've had 3 pregnancies and with each my areolas kept growing. They measure about 10 cm . I've seen a couple of videos of areola reductions however since mine are extremely large in not positive which procedure is right for me. I have specks all around like pigmented skin and obviously my breast have sagged since I breastfed all 3 lo's. I'm a 36-38C

Breast Lift for Areolar Reduction

Congratulations on bf'ing three children.  At this point it appears that you should consider a full mastopexy to lift and tighten your breasts with the possible addition of implant placement for greater projection and contour.
Watch the video above and review photos of others who have undergone the procedure with your ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeron.  Your breast change should be dramatic and your areolar made much narrower.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
ABC TV Extreme Makeover plastic surgeon
ABPS Bd Certified
Beverly Hills, Ca.

Breast lift with areola reduction

Thank you for sending your questions and photos.  Looking at your photos, you are a good candidate for  a breast lift with an areola reduction.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and look over more plenty of before and after photos .  Best wishes

Breast lift

Yes, based on your photos, you look like a good candidate for a breast lift with a nipple reduction. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photo.  A full breast lift seems to be the most appropriate procedure for you.  This procedure will lift your breast to a more ideal position on your chest as well as reduce your areolas.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Areolae reduction

The areolae are reduced at the time of breast lift, but they have a tendency to stretch back out over time.  For that reason, I make the areolae a bit on the small side to compensate for the stretching out that occurs later.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast lift with areola reduction?

A lift and areola reduction can be performed at the same time.  This will reshape your breasts to give them a more lifted and perkier appearance.  The breast size is unchanged.  If increasing breast size is something that you desire, a breast implant can be placed. 

Breast lift with areola reduction?

Breast lift with areolar reduction is a very common procedure.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon expert with hundreds of reviews and pictures.

Beverly Hills, CA

Mastopexy (Breast Lift): Information

Dear Ms. Pardo2,

Thank you for your, story,  questions and photos.

Mastopexy involves shaping the breast, repositioning the nipple areolar complex(NAC) and when needed reducing the size of the NAC by removing excess skin that cause the sag of the breast. The nipple is left connected to the breast tissue.
Depending on how much excess skin and desired shape the three main types:
1)Peri areolar = doughnut shaped scar around NAC
2)Vertical = lollipop shaped scar
3)Inverted "t" = anchor shaped scar
Each of the above techniques involves a progressive removal of excess skin and builds on each other to lift and contour the skin "bra" to the shape of the breast desired.

Breast size will not significantly change because skin is only resected.

The nerve to the nipple areolar complex (NAC) is directly under the NAC and USUALLY not disturbed by removing the excess breast skin during a mastopexy. The surrounding breast skin may have some short term numbness but usually returns.

Current mastopexy techniques will not attain the "upper pole" fullness patients desire. A small augmentation can be added to create this upper pole contour and not to increase size substantially.

Scaring is always a concern. However there are various postoperative "anti scar"
programs to optimize, reduce and treat scars.
In my experience if the desired goals of shape and positioning of the NAC is obtained .... The patients rarely complain about the scars.

I suggest you you collect several "model" or "goal" photos and then make a appt. with Plastic Surgeon, who has experienced and who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600p

Breast lift

I would recommend a full breast lift to make your nipple areoles smaller and remove all the skin necessary to make your breasts perkier. You will do well with a formal breast lift.  You have a lot of skin to remove. 

Look for a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Andrew Cohen MD

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Formal breast lift and maybe even implants could be of benefit to you

Hello Pardo2 and thank you for your question. I think you would benefit from a formal breast lift. Two lifting techniques that are very good ones in the right patient and I use are based on the following:

1) if it is mainly the nipple position that needs lifting, I like the circumareolar approach (also called a donut lift)
2) if a large portion of the breast tissue/weight needs to be lifted, a circumvertical (lollipop) and sometimes a full anchor incision is needed as the circumareolar approach in my mind is not strong enough to hold the weight of the breast and results in stretching of the areola and drooping over time.

In your case, you would not be a good candidate for just a circumareolar lift and anyone who offers you that will only lead you to disappointing results down the line. I also think that if you desire a fuller, more round breast shape, that you would benefit from augmentation with implants as well.

Make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery. Click on the link referenced below and scroll down and the two examples listed are of patients whom had both mastopexy and augmentation and you can see one patient in whom the circumareolar approach was sufficient whereas the other needed the circumvertical incision. I hope this helps you and please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of further assistance to you.

Dr. Sean Kelishadi
@sskplasticsurg on Instagram

Sean Kelishadi, MD