Will my breast implants look symmetrical or remain asymmetrical? (photos)

my PS put a large sized implant to fill me out both 475cc overfilled saline implants , my left is 540cc and my right is 525cc. I am not pleased with my results my husband was the first to point out the difference and now my sister said she can see the size difference my 1 week post op is in two days and I am so upset with my BA :( is this a good thing she overfilled my 475cc saline implants? to me their assymetrical I'm unhappy at this point , and a little embaressed.

Its possible symmetry can improve as you continue to heal

especially if your starting point was obvious and the smaller side got the larger fill.  As for overfilling, I'm not an advocate of intentionally overfilling and exceeding the recommended maximum fill as it would void your warranty.  I would like to think your implant fill range allowed for such volumes that you were given but that is for your surgeon to clarify that for you.  If you are truly asymmetric, your surgeon should be equally motivated as you are to get this corrected as your results are a direct reflection of her work and reputation so keep your surgeon informed of your concerns and hopefully you will heal to your satisfaction without any need for intervention.

Too soon to tell

It is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 3-4 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Unequal breasts after augmentation

This soon after surgery it will be difficult to determine if your asymmetry will be permanent. Give it 6 months until you make a final determination. Most likely they will become more symmetric with time.Best wishes,Dr K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Breast Aug Size

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in your recovery and is normal to have some asymmetric swelling. It usually takes breasts several months to settle and for the swelling to go completely down. I would talk directly with your plastic surgeon about your concerns, as your happiness with the results should be a high concern of his/hers. After the swelling has recede and implants have dropped, you should be able to talk to him/her about revising the breast augmentation if you still have concerns.

Kamran Azad, MD
Pasadena Physician

Will my breast implants look symmetrical or remain asymmetrical?

It's a good question, but unfortunately it's impossible to predict your final outcome. It's important to understand that one week out from surgery is still quite early. You may have some asymmetrical swelling. Breast implants settle over the course of 3-6 months, so give yourself time to heal and then judge your results in a few months.Always express your concerns to your plastic surgeon. They will be your best resource.