Breast implants too high 8 months post op (Photo)

I had a transaxillary breast augmentation 8 months ago. I chose 354 cc silicon breast implants under the muscle. I wore a band for about a week. My doctor said the implants would drop with time. It has been 8 months and the right side is noticeably higher. Is it too early to consider a revision or will the implants continue to drop?

High-riding Implants 8 months after Transaxillary breast augmentation

At this stage (8 months) your implants are unlikely to drop much more. You should consult with your PS to determine your options.All the best,Dr K

Implants too high

From your photos, I see so many cases like this when the implants are placed under the muscle.  To correct this, the implants should be replaced OVER the muscle, or smaller implants used.

Augments 8 months out

rarely have much further settling of the implant.  Your surgeon should be more than happy to discuss your options on how to achieve a better result.  And you can also address the mild asymmetry of the inferior medial pole at the same time.

Curtis Wong, MD

High riding implants

You have what we call high riding implants.  After 8 months they are unlikely to drop.  I suggest you discuss with your PS the possibility of lowering the implants.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Implant Malposition

It is likely your breast has an element of capsular contracture preventing it's proper descent and causing it's malposition. The use of a band is irrelevant; they do not contribute to the healing process and are therefore unnecessary in breast surgery. 
You are likely a candidate for a revision surgery at this point. Regardless of what is done, an inframammary incision should be used to minimize any chance of capsular contracture. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

High implant

Since it has been 8 months, you may need a revision to let the implant settle down. I would suggest going back to your surgeon and discussing your options. Ultrasound therapy could be helpful.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon