Will my breast fold stay this deep, or will it go back to normal? (Photo)

I had a breast lift one and a half weeks ago. The bandage in the fold came accidentally off today and I discovered a crazy deep fold on the right side. Why is it like this? And will that look like the other side when it is healed, or will I have to do a revision surgery to make it symmetrical. I will ask my surgeon on Monday in person, but I would like to hear another opinion as well. Thank you.

Breast Fold

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Remember that you are quite early in the healing process, but if you find that you are concerned or worried at all about the appearance of your breast and/or the incisions at this point it would be best to visit your surgeon for an examination to determine how well the healing process is going.

Fold

You probably have some swelling that is making the fold look deeper, but please check with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fold

Thank you for the question and photo but you really need an examination.  So save that question for your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD