Breast augmentation and surgical bra. 11 days post-op.

I had a breast augmentation 11 days ago. I have to wear my surgical bra for 4 weeks. I have appointments every week. I was super curious wanted to see my boobs in a tight tshirt. I wore a tshirt only max 10 minutes(twice) yesterday and today. I feel so bad. Will it affect my results? I will never do that again

Breast augmentation and surgical bras

Congrats on being in your recovery from augmentation. Generally, you should follow your surgeon's advice. It is unlikely that a patient removing the surgical bra for a few minutes here and there in the early healing phase will incur any "damage" or change to the surgical result. However, don't make it a habit to do things against your surgeon's orders! Good luck for your recovery and final outcome.

Breast augmentation and surgical bras

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Going Without Surgical Bra

Great that you have weekly follow-up appointments with your plastic surgeon. Larger breasts would likely benefit from support by a bra over the long term. Going without the surgical bra for 10 minutes (twice) should not affect the results of the BA.

Kenneth Hughes, MD, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Going Without Surgical Bra

Breast augmentation and surgical bra

Thank you for your inquiry, there is no problem or affect your results, however continue to use your post op surgical bra until your plastic surgeon indicates you too, after that sports bra are also recommended so you are more comfortable. Best of luck!

Breast augmentation and surgical bra

Hi there, 

Thank you for your question. Taking for bra off and wearing a t-shirt should not affect your results. Continue to follow your surgeon's orders. 

realdrsix

Hi there, 

realdrsix

Breast Augmentation and Postoperative Care

Congratulations on your surgery.

It is unlikely that a few minutes without a bra could have caused any issues.  In fact I let my patients know that during the period of the first month, if they have a special event they would like to go to and the surgical/sports bra does not work with their outfit, I allow them to go braless for that event/night.

Continue with the follow ups with your plastic surgeon, I am sure things are fine.

Hope that helps.

Congratulations on your surgery.

Hope that helps.

Congratulations on your breast augmentation..  Patch 11 days postop I am sure he did not hurt anything by taking her bra off.   I routinely asked my patients to go without a bra as soon as they are comfortable doing so.   My feeling is that I want the implant to move freely and not to be locked into one position, but allowed to drop into position properly.

Bra use after augmentation

varies widely by surgeon to surgeon... I don't use bras unless my patients want to preserve what look they have but I'm primarily a smooth round implant surgeon.  Going without a bra for short periods of time will not impact your outcome at all unless you had more work down such as capsulorrhaphies.

Bra use after augmentation