What is breast augmentation? Does the surgery have a recovery time? How long?

What is Breast Augmentation, and what is the recovery time?

Breast augmentation surgery is done to increase the size of the breasts for a larger breast contour. This can be done using implants, usually silicone or saline. There is recovery time, which may vary a bit from patient to patient. However, most patients take two to three weeks to recover. You also may or may not be required to wear a surgical bra during your recovery time, as this varies from practice to practice All the best, Dr. Berman MD, FACS

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

Breast augmentation is usually performed with a breast implant (saline or silicone).The recovery is quite fast, most women can go back to work within 3-4 days, depending on the size of the implant.

Dennis Dass, MD

What is breast augmentation?

Breast augmentation is just that - augmenting the breast - both in volume and projection.  In other words, a silicone or saline implant (like a balloon) is placed surgically behind the breast.  The larger the implant the larger the breast appearance.  You can drive 2-3 days after the surgery, and resume all normal activities 2-3 weeks after surgery.

Breast Augmentation involves adding volume to the breast-either with implants or occasionally using fat transfer. The procedure is preformed under anesthesia and recovery is about 2 weeks

Fred Suess, MD

Breast Augmentation - recovery time

Adding to the size of your breast with fat transfer or breast implants. Recovery depends upon the patient but typically the patient should wait between 4 and 6 weeks before resuming exercise.

Beverly Hills and Los Angeles locations

What is breast augmentation?

Breast augmentation is simply adding volume to your breasts, whether by implants, fat grafting, or the use of BRAVA.  Each has their own recovery times but when using implants, my patients are allowed to start resuming activities as desired after 3 weeks.

Curtis Wong, MD

Definition of a Breast Augmentation

A Breast Augmentation literally means enlarging your breasts.   Most commonly this is done with a Breast Implant.  Breast implants can help to give under developed breasts a better shape.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Breast augmentation is a surgery done to add volume and thus enlarge the breasts using either implants or fat. The recovery varies and depends on what option you choose.  For my patients, I recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 6-8 weeks following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

What is breast augmentation?

I didn't think there were women here in Los Angeles unaware of breast augmentation surgery LOL!
Most patients seek enhanced fullness and an increase in size through the use of cohesive silicone gel or saline (less popular) breast implants.  Most surgeons recommend placement of the implant through one of three popular incisions (I prefer an areolar incision or an incision in the underarm) partially covered by the pectoral muscle (subpectoral).  Others still place the implants above the muscle (subglandular or suprapectoral).

If you're interested in the procedure meet with one or more ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeons to review photos of other patients and have a face to face consultation.  You'll find the attached video of interest as well.

Regards and good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast augmentation

Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to add volume to the breast most commonly using breast implants. In my practice the recovery time is normally 24 to 48 hours. I restrict my patients from upper body  exercise and heavy lifting for 4 to 6 weeks after the procedure to allow perfect healing.