Breast Augmentation with or without lift? (Photos)

Is it possible to have implant without a lift? If so, how many cc I should get. Thank you!!

Breast implants with lift

You appear to be a borderline candidate for just placing an implant. If you are concerned about the scars from a breast lift you can certainly do a breast augmentation and wait a few months to allow for settling of the implants to determine if a lift is needed. Then, at a second stage, a breast lift can be done in a more predictable way. I realize that most patients just want one surgery, but in some cases, it's best to "stage" the procedures in two separate operations for a better cosmetic result and fewer complications. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for a more detailed exam as the angle with which these photos appears to be slightly different from the front view and the side view.

Definitely Augmentation with a Lift

Thank you for your photos. You will do very well with this procedure but you will need a lift.

The breast implants will sit at and above the breast fold. An implant can not raise the nipple position significantly and so an augmentation alone will exaggerate the low nipple position.

I want to point out what you have done with your photos. The side view of the breast shows a much higher nipple 
position than the view from the front. This is because you are raising your arms which has the effect of raising the nipple position. What you see in the side view is the nipple over the most projecting part of the breast and most of the breast is above the breast fold. This can only be accomplished with a lift.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and take measurements of your breasts. These measurements will dictate an appropriate volume implant to give you the look you desire.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

You are best suited for breast augmentation with mastopexy.  Breast implants alone will create a suboptimal result.

Dennis Dass, MD

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. This procedure will reshape and give you the volume you desire. Unfortunately, if you opt for implants alone, you most likely will not be happy with the outcome as implants can only supply a very minimal lift. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post-procedural results. You need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Lift and Augmentation

Hello, thanks for sharing your inquiry and your pictures. My thoughts are that you need a breast lift and you might or might not add volume depending in your desires. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Breast Augmentation with or without lift?

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you would benefit from adding a lift to your augmentation. A breast lift and augmentation surgery is commonly performed during one operation, but has a lower revision rate when the two operations are separated. Careful examination and measurements in the office help decide whether a one-stage, or two-stage operation would be recommended. Giving recommendations about the implant size is impossible over the web. Implant sizing depends on your goal look, and your breast measurements. In person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon will give you the opportunity to pick the perfect implant to achieve your goals.

Do I need a lift

No question in my mind, you need a lift as well as an implant.  If you only get implants, your breasts will never appear right.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast augmentation and lift question

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. I would suggest that you need both a lift and implants. The degree of sagging or loose skin will require the lift. Although a breast implant does help lift the skin, since it fills up some of the loose skin, it will not be enough to fully lift your breasts. 

As far as size is concerned, this is best determined in person. Your measurements and goal size will determine the best size options for you. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast aug with or without lift

It is really helpful to include your pictures, thank you. The best option for you will be a lift procedure with an appropriately sized implant. In order for you to achieve a desired breast appearance with implants alone, a very large implant will have to be chosen which is a BIG mistake in the long run. You will have a much better result with a lift and implant. It's hard to give you a "cc" number without knowing your current breast measurements and your desired size. Talk to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about your goals. Good luck.

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD