Will a breast augmentation be enough or do I need a lift? (Photo)

I breast fed 2 kids and lost over 100 pounds and now my breast are just deflated. I want to get them filled but not too fake looking. Will an augmentation alone make them look OK or do I have to get a lift. I would much rather not get a lift but would like to know if they will look good with just an augmentation. I'm around a b cup and would want a nice full c.

Breast lift plus augmentation may be your best option

Based on your photos you will need a breast lift in addition to implants. Implants alone may push the nipple down into a snoopy deformity

Lift?

You definitley would benefit from a lift.  Implants alone would result in an unsatisfactory result.  Implants, in addition to the lift, would provide improve volume to the breasts as well as improved upper pole fill of the breast.  Good luck.

Perry J. Johnson, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Need for a breast lift vs. breast augmentation

HI,
I think that you will definitely need a breast lift along with implants in order to have firm, more
youthful looking breasts. Implants alone would not give a more uplifted look to your breasts and over time,
the implants would cause your breasts to fall more. Although there are more scars associated with a lift, it is most important to achieve a proper form and shape to your breasts . This would not be possible without a re-contouring of the skin around breast implants which is what a lift or mastopexy would do.
It is possible to do both the lift and the augmentation at the same time, but you should discuss the risks of combining the procedures with your plastic surgeon.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Rodgers

Is a lift needed?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Without question, you need a lift in addition to implants.  The lift will be necessary to improve the shape of your breasts and the implant will add additional volume, if that is what is desired.  
Best of luck to you.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Lift or Just Breast Aug? Lost 100 # and Prefer Not to Have a Lift

The criteria for a lift is nipple below the inframammary fold, or pointing down on the breast mound. In this case the breast and the nipple/areola are well beneath the fold, so a lift is required. An implant alone will look unnatural.  Based on the amount of vertical skin excess and looseness of the skin envelope, a patient with this appearance will most likely need an inverted-T type mastopexy.  The implant size can be selected to fill out the skin envelope and give more fullness to the upper pole of the breast.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

When is a lift needed?

A lift is needed when your nipple is more than a cm below your fold... or you will have your same look but only be bigger and droopier.  When in the gray zone (>1cm below fold), some patients are fine with the results while others who dream of perky require a lift.  You appear to be worse than the 'gray zone' and if so, a lift is mandatory in my practice before I would place an implant.

Curtis Wong, MD

To lift or not

You absolutely need a lift, it's not even a close call.  Simply placing implant will make your breasts look terrible.  Different surgeon have different comfort levels with combining a lift with an implant.  Go on a few consults to determine which surgeon would be best for you. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Both procedures

Thanks for your question. You would need both procedures, and with a history of significant weight loss, it can be difficult to support larger implants with the skin envelope alone even with a lift. Sometimes additional support is even needed. 

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Will a breast augmentation be enough or do I need a lift?

I think that a breast augmentation with a lift will produce a much better result.  Select an expert at both procedures.

Thank you for your question.  From your photos and knowing that you have had a 100 pound weight loss I think there is  no question that you will need a breast lift.  Getting implants alone will not give you a satisfactory result and in my practice I would refuse to operate on you unless you were willing to accept a lift.  The decision you will need to make is whether to combine the lift with breast implants and if so, whether to do it all at once or to stage it.  These are questions best answered in a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and alos preferably a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. One piece of advice I would give you is that if you decide on getting breast implants go with the smallest size that you are likely to be happy with as you are a set up for recurrent sagging no matter what is done.  I hope this helps.

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon