Just had a Breast Augmentation and I feel like I'm catching the flu! Could this effect my implants?

I just had my surgery on 11/9/16 and just yesterday I started getting symptoms of the flu, so I'm drinking as much vitamin c juices I possibly can :/ but im scared that this could affect my implants by catching an infection or something!!! :(

Sick after a breast augmentation

Hi I'm sorry you are not feeling well. It is not uncommon for people to feel a little run down after surgery and the best thing you can do is to take care of yourself, rest and lots of fluids. Overloading on the vitamin C isn't going to help you and if it makes you feel good, then that's fine. It is unlikely that if you really are getting the flu, that it is going to effect your implants. Get well soon

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and the Flu

Vitamin C has no effect on viral syndromes like the flu or the common cold, so you can stop.  As for increasing your risk for a bacterial infection of your implants, this too will not be the case either. Sorry you're sick; also you can do is ride it out. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS