Breast augmentation with own fat?

Hi, I woul like to know if non- surgerical breast augmentation can be done on a skinny person. Where do they take fat body? Thank you so much

Fat Transfer to the Breast in a Skinny Patient

I perform this procedure very often and occasionally it's in a thin patient.  A consultation in person will be the only true way to tell if you have enough fat to make a difference.  Common donor areas include the upper and lower abdomen, flanks, love handles, lower back, tail bone, inner and outer thighs, inner knees, and arms.  I choose some of those areas for the first session and then the left over areas for future sessions if needed. 

Breast Fat transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Fat transfer to the breast

This procedure can be done on a thin patient, the problem is that there is only so much fat we can harvest therefore only so much we can inject. Patients with more fat we are able to get more from where thin patients have less so there is only so much liposuction we can do. It depends on what sort of result you want with your breasts and how big you want to be.

Morris Ritz, MB, BCh, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question in regards to breast fat transfer. Fat grafting to your breasts  will depend on the amount of fat you have available to be harvested. Keeping in mind this procedure will not give you the appearance of having implants. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Fat grafting only

The look of fat grafted breasts are more natural and they feel natural. The results of fat grafting will depend on your available fat for harvest and the breast tissue to graft. Please send pictures. I been doing fat grafting to the breast since 2006 and have done hundreds of cases. My experience is that fat grafting works better for patients that are more interested in quality than the size.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation with fat grafting

is certainly attractive in concept BUT it rarely can produce the look of what implants do.  If you just want larger of what you have, then fat could certainly do the trick but you must be accepting of the risks, costs of multiple procedures (one and done does not apply here), and have donor sites that can produce adequate fat to make a difference.  Thin people rarely have adequate donor sites for significant grafting.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation with fat in a skinny person?

If your body is very slim and there is little excess fat you are unlikely to achieve a noticeable improvement that would be satisfactory to you with fat grafting.  Gaining weight for purposes of fat grafting will also be futile if you then lose the weight in the future.  Any benefits to your breasts would be reversed by  weight loss.Consider the option of breast augmentation with breast implants since it is effective and although not risk-free generally very satisfying.  You are more likely to achieve a noticeable and satisfactory improvement if you want anything other than the most minor change.  Good luck and best wishes.  Be certain to discuss your options with a board-certified plastic surgeon carefully.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast augmentation with fat

Breast augmentation with fat is a difficult situation because it takes 3 to 4 sessions of fat to be injected.  If you are thin, it is difficult to harvest as much fat to really make a difference.

Malcolm A. Lesavoy, MD

Fat transfer to the breasts

Fat can be transferred to the breasts from all over and this includes:
arms, upper back, armpit, lower back, flanks, abdomen, lateral thighs, inner thighs, knees, and pubic area. A consultation is necessary to provide you an accurate assessment of how much fat you have.

Arian Mowlavi, MD, FACS

Fat transfer

Good question but fat transfer is surgical and requires that you have a site on your body that fat can be harvested.  If you are very thin, you may be a better candidate for a standard breast augmentation with gel implants.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD