Can I get Botox for my lips?

Hi, I've noticed over the course of the last year that my bottom lip has been showing more lines/wrinkles. I want to get this fixed. My bottom lip is somewhat big so I don't want Juvaderm for volume. Would injecting something like Botox help get rid of the wrinkles? If not, what's the best solution?

Bottom Lip Wrinkles

I would not suggest Botox for the bottom lip wrinkles.  I would recommend a very fine filler such as Restylane Silk or Belotero.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for the lower lips?

A very small and repeated small doses of Botox in the lower lips will help soften the wrinkling without adverse effects.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Lines and Wrinkles on Lips

This can be treated with fillers like belotero or restylane silk that are hydrating and not volumizing as well as lasers/radiofrequency.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Can I get Botox for my lips?

Hi, we have used Botox to soften lines and wrinkles around the lips and mouth for over 20 years of our 30 year experince with Botox.  The Botox should be diluted further and used sparingly but it is very effective.

Hope this helps.

Botox for lips

I do this several times per day. I use a very low dose, between 3 and 5 units. I place it around the lips, mostly in the top, but also in the bottom. It reduces the activity of the orbicularis oris muscle, so there is less contraction. This improves the lip lines. This dose only lasts about 6 weeks. Higher dosing give better improvements but affects sipping from a cup and straw, and sometimes eating, so I stay with the lower doses. A slight eversion is noted in the upper lip too, giving it a slightly enhanced look.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Can I get Botox for my lips

Yes, you can get Botox for your lips. What that does is it decreases fine lines around the lips and it can also help with your lipstick bleeding. It is a tiny amount that we inject and should only be done by an extremely experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. That person would have to have expert knowledge of anatomy. If this is done improperly it can result in significant negative issues with talking and chewing

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for your lips

You may get botox for your lips which will paralyze your orbicularis oris muscle making it difficult for your  to purse your lips but it will reduce your lip wrinkles. Please see link below for examples.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Botox and Lips

Botox can be used to help diminish and more importantly prevent the appearance of these vertical lip line and is a common procedure in our practice. It is important that you start with a small dose as over treating may interfere with mouth function. Remember you can always increase the dose to get the desired outcome. Botox in the lower face can give a beautiful natural result but requires the expertise of a provider with an in depth understanding of facial anatomy.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Botox for Lips

A small amount of filler like Restylane Silk or Juvederm can be used to soften the lines without giving excessive volume.  Botox can help to relax the lines around the lips, but only if used in small amounts.  Another option is laser resurfacing if you can afford some down time.  In good health, Dr. Keel

Botox To The Lips?

Hi MK. Without seeing a picture it's impossible to determine what your needs are. In general, Botox is only used for the vertical lines above the lips (commonly called the smoker's lines). Even in this area it has fallen out of favor as the first line treatment because dermal fillers and microneedling do a much better job. If you are concerned about your actual lips, then you would most likely need filler. Even if you have big lips, as they lose volume with time they will start to look thinner. The volume loss can result in what you seem to be describing as the wrinkles in your lips. Please see an experienced physician injector who will be able to help address your needs after an in-person consultation and evaluation. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon