Can I use Botox and filler Or just filler or just Botox to correct corner lip frown? (photos)

I posted before and was advised not to do the corner lip surgery because of the noticeability of scaring on my complexion. Botox was advised to correct my ever present frown. Someone told me recently, you just need to smike more. Grrr I just want to finally not look angry or sad. I'm 57

Corners of Lips and Correction

There is definitely a way to correct this droop at the corners of the lips which is an area that many patients complain that they are unhappy with.  A combination of Botox and fillers correctly placed will improve this droop and should last up to six months.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Treatment to correct lip corner frown

This is a great question and a common one. There are many reasons that the lip corners can look down turned. These may gave to do with genetics, anatomy, habits as well as bone and tooth structures. 
Generally speaking, fillers and Botox can be used but I think that it would be best to have live assessment and consultation with experienced doctor.
I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip frown

Using a combination of both Botox and Filler like Juvederm- would be the best approach.  The botox will relax the muscles turning your mouth down and the filler will fill in the volume loss around the mouth.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Frownie correction

I would try just Botox at first. If not improved to your liking, add a filler such as Restylane for this. Don't do surgery

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Turn that frown upside down

the corners of your mouth seem like a very benign area, but often times to make a more than subtle change, you have to "throw the book at it". Some filler will help, Botox will as well, but with the combination of the two (since they are completely different), I think you will be much happier with the results. Plus, if you are diligent with the Botox, the filler should last a bit longer as well. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Filler and Botox for the down turned corners

Hello, Your issue is commonly treated with a combination of filler and botox. It is probably going to take 2 syringes of filler carefully placed to address the issue of volume loss in the area we call the "marionette" lines. It is sometimes also helpful to use about 5 units of Botox split between both sides to decrease downward muscle movement that is pulling the corners down.  This is something that most women over the age of 40 struggle with and is commonly addressed with a combination of treatments.  IT is even sometimes necessary to use some filler or sculptra in the cheeks to lift them back up. The "mad" face can be from a combination of factors that would need to be assessed in person.

I hope this helps!

Dr. Quenby Erickson

Can I use Botox and filler Or just filler or just Botox to correct corner lip frown?

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your questions.  Being mistaken for mad or sad when you're actually in a great mood is such a downer!  A combination of both treatments could really work well for you.  Using Botox to control the muscle that is pulling the corners of your mouth down in combination with some filler to give back a little bit of volume under the corners of your mouth can give a great rejuvenated appearance and help take the "GRR" out.  As always, be sure to consult with a Board Certified Doctor for your best and safest outcome and result.

Best of Luck,

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Lower Lip Frown?--Combination: Fillers (Voluma, Radiesse), Sculptra

A combination approach would be best. Botox plus fillers like Voluma or Radiesse and Sculptra treatments for collagen building would give you a great result and help lift and shape over time. Best, Dr. Emer.