BL and BA 2 weeks post op. Asymmetric breast size and position? (Photos)

I am 2 weeks post op Lollipop lift with SRF 485cc implants under muscle. Preop left breast larger then right, but right was saggier then left. PS took more tissue out of left to compensate. Now my right looks larger than left and is still lower than the left. Left implant is higher. I am applying Silvadene to wounds BID. Do you think this asymmetry will be my result. Should I be concerned with size difference.

Breast Lift Postoperative Course

When we see women for breast surgery in my office, we tell them that the postoperative course is really about a 120 day event.  The breasts will change a little every day for at least 120 days.  Some days one breast may feel or look a certain way, and other days the other breast may look or feel different.  What a woman sees on day 2 or day 10 will be very different than she sees at day 120.  Sometimes it's pretty nerve-wracking for women because they really don't know what to expect and what's normal.  We see them frequently during this time to make sure how things are going.  Sometimes we'll have them do some subtle things if, say, one implant is a little higher than the other.  We may have them wear an elastic band over the top of the higher implant, for instance.  We also talk about options for helping to minimize scars during these visits. 

The most important thing for women to do after surgery is have good communication with their surgeon and the office staff.  When she has questions about things she should call the surgeon's office.  Many times women don't want "to bother" the surgeon with questions but, really, most surgeons are quite willing to hear questions and see their patients because the surgeons want great outcomes as much as the women who've had the surgery.  On RealSelf we can kinda sorta answer questions, but really the surgeon who has done the surgery is the best source of information, since that surgeon knows the details involved.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after augmentation lift procedures

are common and you will have improvements in symmetry.  You should be in communication with your surgeon to see if there is anything you can do to help the higher implant come down a little.  My patients are told to focus on the upper pole and to have that as level as possible since that is what the world sees.  Differences in nipple position can be remedied with minor office revisions down the road.  And if you end up with a difference in size but upper poles are level, you can consider procedures such as fat grafting to your smaller side or liposuction of your larger side to help improve symmetry of volume.  Once you are healed, you should be able to critique your results with your surgeon and your surgeon should be honest with you and also want the best outcome for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

BL and BA 2 weeks post op. Asymmetric breast size and position

At 2 weeks it is too early to tell whether you will end up asymmetrical.  However, you should not expect your breasts to be equal but rather close in symmetry after a few months.  My question is why are you using Silvadene 2 weeks post op.  If your incisions are closed there is no need for this.  You should discuss with your PS.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Healing to Reach Desired Shape

Here are some basic details provided to my patients regarding breast lift with implants:

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

So, if you find that you are worried at all about the progression of your healing it is best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure everything is moving along properly. Good luck!

Breast asymmetry 2 weeks after BL and BA

Thanks  for your question and photos. My advice is to be patient. Things are looking good. Give yourself another 6 to 8 weeks of healing before you assess your breasts for symmetry. At that time you can voice your concerns with your surgeon. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Breast Asymmetry

For certain your breasts will change over the next few months. It is unlikely you will get perfect symmetry, though. As an aside, 485 cc implants are probably too large for you, and may cause you problems like dropout and rippling. If you are not happy with your result in 6 to 9 months, you should visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery. Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Asymmetric breast size and position?

Although I understand your concerns and a desire for reassurance or predictions, this is simply not possible (with the exception of your plastic surgeon's input).  At this point in your recovery, there are still too many variables involved when it comes to your breast appearance.  

My best suggestion (easier said than done): patience.  It will be several months before you see the final outcome of the procedure performed. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.