Can I Use Bimatoprost 0.03% Instead of Latisse if I have very light blue-green eyes?

Is it safe to use the generic brand of Latisse if I have very light blue-green eyes? Will it change the color of my eyes or the color of iris??

Latisse is the only FDA - approved product made for application to your eyelids for lengthening your eyelashes.

Latisse is the only FDA - approved product made for application to your eyelids for lengthening your eyelashes. Therefore, I would recommend using Latisse.

Be careful

Whether you use Latisse or the generic form to lengthen your lashes, there is a small risk of causing permanent darkening of the color of your eye.  When applying the medication, you should take all possible precautions to keep the medication on the skin only, and avoid all contact with the eyeball.  Good luck!

Will Latisse change my eye color?

Hi Samantha.  This drug has been shown to darken the eye color in a small number of glaucoma patients that have used it over an extended period of time.  The key difference is that in glaucoma patients, they place the drops directly into the eye whereas with Latisse, the drops are placed on the lashes.

If you keep the drop on the lashes rather than in the eyes, the chance of darkening the eyes is very low.  

At the link below you can see before and after pictures of our Latisse Los Angeles patient.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD