Wish I had gone bigger. Any suggestions? (photos)

I just had a revision surgery with periaerola lift and full profile smooth implants inspira 415cc . I was a 34c sm and wanted to fill the full c cup but they look smaller then what I also was before. I am 1 week post opp, any chances these will get bigger or will I have to redo them again with more cc to get the look I want? And if so by how much more? How safe is it to keep doing these surgeries ? I had 325 hp mentor textured before this.

Size Compared to Quality

Hello and thank you for your question. I definitely understand that it is difficult when worry or doubt takes over looking at the positive results of your procedure. However, I would definitely agree with my colleagues' comments and stating that you appear to have a full and perky result, so you should allow the final healing, as it does appear that you will in fact fill a C-cup. Best of luck to you.

The most common complaint after augmentation...

I wish I went bigger!  Rather than try to be specific size, is it possible to focus on the great things that have happened with your surgery... fuller and perkier?  Your photos suggests you will easily be a C cup and you certianly have an appealing, full look.  So rather than focusing on just being a little bigger (I assume you picked the implant size), enjoy all of the benefits of your procedure and focus on healing and improved look you have.

Curtis Wong, MD

Wish I would have gone bigger

This is something you should discuss with your PS.  From your photos though, any bigger implant might require a breast lift, as it appears your nipples are already in a low position.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Wish I had gone bigger. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing after breast surgery. Given that you are fresh out of surgery, it is definitely too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed.You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at the early stages of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  For example, many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger.  Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change.   If, in the longer term, you remain displeased with breast size, it is likely that re augmentation with larger breast implants will be possible. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Revision and Size

Given that you are so early in the postoperative period, I would suggest you re-evaluate your results in about 4-5 months.  It generally takes several months before you can really judge how your breasts will look.  So be patient for now.You obviously want to be happy with your breasts, but by having repeated surgeries can come a significant price, which is thinning of the tissue and capsular contracture.  My suggestion at this point is be wise and patient and see how things look in few months from now.
Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Going bigger

You are only in the early postop period, so it is too early to say how your breast will end up, however going from 352 mentor to 415 inspire is not much of a volume change, particularly as the 2 companies measure their implants differently (i.e. Mentor use volume (cc) and Allergan use weight).You should discuss this with your treating surgeon.Hope it works out for you

Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia