Big fat pubic mon. do I need liposuction or needs a tuck (photos)

I had a tummy tuck done about almost 5 months ago but my pubic mon is too big i can't stand how fat it looks 

Doctor Answers 5

You need a mons pubis lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your mons pubis hangs low and has both excess fat and excess skin. This needs lipo and a mons pubis lift which can be done through the center of your tummy tuck scar. The recovery is milder than a tummy tuck.

Big fat pubic mon. Do I need liposuction or a tuck?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. It appear that you would most likely benefit from direct excision of excess mons tissue as well as a lift procedure to remove skin.  Be sure to see an ASPS boarsd certified plastic surgeon in consultation. 

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

Big mons after tummy tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 It's nice to lift and tighten the mons area at the same time as a tummy tuck. Sometimes you can get recurrent (or repeat) bulging or drooping of the mons even after it has been tightened or lifted, and this is seen mostly in patients who have lost a lot of weight and do not have good skin elasticity. While one needs to see you in person to do a true exam, based on the photos, it appears you need a monsplasty. That means excision of the extra skin, possibly lipo, and lifting of the drooping skin. The nice thing is you will likely get rid of that scar along your upper mons, and the tummy tuck incision can be lowered in the center, making it easier to hide the incision in underwear or bikinis. The resulting contour after monsplasty should be a smooth transition from abdomen to mons, without a bulge or drooping of the mons area. I recommend only seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for this procedure.

Anita Patel, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Liposuction or needs a tuck?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank your for your question and photos.  It appears that there is excess skin and fat and that one may need to have this addressed for a successful result.  I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Big fat pubic mons. Do I need liposuction or needs a tuck?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photos. I'm surprised that your surgeon did not address this problem during your abdominoplasty surgery. This is part of all my abdominoplasty surgeries, otherwise you end up with less than desirable results. You will need liposuction and skin excision to bring this area into a smooth transition to the rest of the abdominal wall. Talk to your surgeon about this or seek a second opinion. Good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.