Will I benefit from juvederm/radiesse for chin to make face appear thinner? Also considering lip filler for upper lip (Photos)

Have already done kybella 2x. 1st time they used 1 vial and 2nd time 1.5vials

Slimming The Face And Enhancing The Chin

Hi Klee. Thanks for the various pictures, they're a great help! I think in order to get the results you want you will need a combination of treatments. Enhancing your chin with fillers will help create a better balance to your face. This can be done with Voluma, Radiesse, or Restylane Lyft. My preference would be Voluma. You would also benefit from a reduction to your Masseter muscles using Botox. This will help slim your jawline. Your lips would benefit from filler, and although your main concern is your top lip you should also have a little placed in your bottom lip to maintain anatomical proportions. If Kybella is not working for you then you may want to consider CoolSculpting to the area. We are seeing great results in just 2 treatments with less discomfort than Kybella. Please make sure you find an experienced injector for your treatments. Hope this helps answer your question!

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox to Slim Face / Masseter ; Juvederm Voluma, Radiesse or Sculptra to Build Chin

I would slim your face by relaxing the masseter muscles with Botox.
Juvederm Voluma would be the best choice to create a more balanced
chin. It can last for up to 18 months. For the lip, Juvederm or
Restylane is the best choice. Best, Dr. Emer.

Non Surgical Chin Enhancement with Filler

Hi, and thank you for the question and pictures. When patients ask about slimming their face, we usually talk about Botox to the masseter muscles and filler to lengthen the chin. For you, I would suggest both techniques.  Non surgical chin augmentation will project your chin so that it is in better harmony with the rest of your face and lengthen it to subtly change the length of your face. You do not need much volume, so a surgical implant would be more than is necessary in your case. There are several fillers that will do the job well. Radiesse will certainly project and lengthen the chin - it is the thickest filler and will therefore move tissue the best. Also, Radiesse comes in a bigger syringe, so you get more product per syringe purchased. However, Radiesse is not reversible and it lasts about 10 months. Voluma is a newer filler that I now use more than Radiesse. It lasts a year and a half or more and it is reversible at any time with a simple injection of enzyme. Voluma comes in a standard syringe and is more expensive, but it is smoother than Radiesse and people like the duration of effect. After you have tried the effect with temporary fillers, you can transition to a longer lasting filler like Bellafill. Looking at your upper lip, I think that a half syringe of Juvederm there would be a good idea, but you may want to enhance the bottom lip just a bit in order to maintain the close to ideal proportions of your lips. Hope that helps.

Chin augmentation

I think you'll benefit greatly from chin augmentation, a very common procedure in Asian women. With 1 syringe of Perlane, you'll see a nice transformation, bringing the focus on your lips and not your chin.  Then add a touch of filler to upper lip for symmetry.  Hope this helps,Yazdani, MD

Slimming the face

Thank you for your photos. In order to achieve a nice V-line look to your chin and jawline, you can both slim the sides of your face and slightly augmenting your chin to create a subtle sharper look. Radiesse or VOLUMA (Juvederm) are great options for the chin. I frequently use BOTOX to help reduce the size of the muscles at the back of your jaw to create a slimmer appearance and reduce the roundness of the face. The Radiesse/Juvederm lasts up to a year whereas BOTOX usually requires a repeat treatment around 4 months. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD 
Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Making the face appear thinner

You are probably a good candidate for injecting the masseter muscles. This works if the muscle is enlarged and is done with Botox/Dysport. Link is below. Your jawline could use more definition and this can be improved with filler in the chin because your chin projection is poor. If still need more improvement, Thermi along the jawline, lower face Infini or CoolMini/Kybella might also help. This all needs an evaluation in person to determine the best route to take.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Great candidate

Thanks for the photos and the great question. You look like you would be a great candidate for fillers. If you don't like the appearance of your chin, fillers are a good way to "try out" a new look. You have a small chin a may benefit in the long term from having a chin implant placed. The fillers will be able to give you an idea of what that might look like without surgery. You're also a great candidate for fillers in you lips to give a little more volume. Best of luck in your area.~Dr. Sieber

Treatments to contour the face

Thank you for your question klee19736. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. There are a number of treatments that can be used to contour the face. Voluma can be used to restore the youthful apple of the cheeks. Botox can be used in the masseter to make the lower face appear more heart shaped. Kybella can be used to address the double chin and improve jawline definition. From the pivotal studies on Kybella it was concluded that most people require 2-4 treatments. The Botox Nefertiti lift and laser skin tightening will also address jawline definition. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Lip and chin enlargement

I think you're a good candidate for lip augmentation with Juvederm and would suggest trying filler in your chin as a temporary change.  In the end, I think you might be better off considering a medium sized chin implant to benefit from a permanent change to your chin. While asleep (if you do proceed to a chin implant) you have the option of quick and relatively easy liposuction of your under chin area if still needed after your two Kybella injections.  I personally find liposuction to be a cost saving over multiple Kybella injections.Good luck and ATB,Jon A. Perlman, M.D. FACS Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) Beverly Hils, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Will I benefit from JVD/Radiesse for chin to make face appear thinner?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Juvederm is an excellent dermal filler for a natural lip augmentation to achieve improved volume and balance relative to your lower lip.  A dermal filler chin augmentation can lead to a slimmer facial profile and improved jawline, and JVD can be used as a short term treatment that you can use to determine if you like the appearance change before pursuing a longer acting filler such as Voluma or Radiesse.  I hope this helps.