Had TT done 2 weeks ago & I'm concerned about belly bottom scar. Looks red & a little yellow in the middle? (Photos)

I had my TT done 2 weeks ago and I started to be concern about my belly bottom scar. It looks red and a little yellow in the middle. Is this normal? Is it part of the healing process? Should I be worry?. My doctor just recommended to use an antibiotic oitment for a few days and he is a doctor from overseas so I can't go back and see him for consultation. What should I do? . Thanks

Belly button

Your belly button stitch line has separated and pulled away from the abdominal skin.  This sometimes heals on its own, and other times requires a surgical revision.  It is important to stay in close communication with your surgeon during the healing process.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Healing the Belly Button after Tummy Tuck

Sometimes the belly button or umbilicus takes some time to heal after tummy tuck.  This is because the blood supply for healing in this area is often reduced.  However, in most cases, it goes on to heal well.  Antibiotic ointment is a good idea if the area is dry and healing, but we generally avoid ointment if the belly button area is moist or there is any drainage. 

The main challenge is that your doctor is from out of the country.  What are the provisions your doctor made to care for you if any issues arise?  I would contact him/her and see if they have a board-certified plastic surgery colleague in your area who can see you for reassurance and an examination.  If not, you can see a plastic surgeon in your area for an examination and some suggestions.   Best wishes.

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you set up a Skype or FaceTime call with your surgeon so he/she can recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon