Can I get a bbl and have a masculine result?

I'm having a difficult time finding doctors with male bbl examples so that I can see if this is an option that I like. I don't care for the look of implants, I just wish I could see some more men with this procedure.

BBL for a Masculine Look

Thank you for your question. It would have been nice to see some photos so that I could answer more specifically. But the short answer is yes, a Brazilian Butt Lift can be tailored to look the way you want it to be. An in-person examination with an experienced plastic surgeon will help you confirm this.

The procedure works very well for males as well and the operation can be tailored to create the form that is desired.

A masculine BBL

There is no yes or no answer to your question.

It's all a matter of perception, personal style, dependence on how the procedure is done etc. etc. etc.

Men differ from most women in that they have less fat in the gluteal Area but often larger gluteal muscles.

Fat transfer such as a Brazilian butt lift is based on grafting fat into both fat and muscle layers.

The total amount of long-term enhancement that can be delivered it's approximately 50%.

In other words if someone is very small to start with their not going to be able to get in a huge buttocks from a single procedure.

Gluteal enhancement by its very nature is a feminizing procedure.

That's not to say that men cannot benefit from the procedure.

Some men prefer substantial fullness in this area and others simply don't have any gluteal volume making them disproportionately small in this area.

My practice is focused exclusively on body contouring using various forms a liposuction and fat transfer.

Approximately 10% of my cases are Brazilian butt lift.

On average I do about 12 cases a month.

In the last two years I've done to male Brazilians.

Considering I am probably the only board-certified plastic surgeon in the western United States Who is focus my practice exclusively to these two procedures only you can get a sense of how uncommon male Brazilians are.

I am in the agreement with you that implants are probably not the way to go.

Anyone with good experience doing Brazilians should be able to help you and set realistic expectations.

One of the main principles to consider is simply the limitation of how much fat can be grafted that will survive and where you want to volume added.

Continue having multiple in person consultations with local board-certified plastic surgeon's with expertise in this procedure.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

I would recommend an in person consultation. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Thank you for your question. BBL in men is done usually in conjunction with VASER Hi Def Liposuction. This gives an athletic, chiseled muscular look. I often fat graft the buttocks, pectoralis major and deltoid muscles at the same time. You are right, not too many surgeons do this. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.