If I do not have thigh liposuction for my BBL, does this mean that over time my proportions will change?

If I do not have thigh liposuction for my bbl, does this mean that over time my proportions will change i.e. I will start gaining more fat in thighs as well as my butt? Even if I do not gain weight?

If you can maintain your weight, your results should be stable.

Los Angeles, CA......

BBL Questions

Hello, thanks so much for your interest in this procedure. You don't have to have liposuction in unwanted areas. It is always recommended to keep your weight stable, not only not to gain weight but not to lose it either considerably. If you gain weight you might gain it in where the adipose tissue remains. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey! 

Respectfully, Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL and no lipo of thighs

BBL typically requires removal of all of the unwanted fat to be placed into the buttocks; we usually don't have enough to get you the results you want. With respect to the lateral thigh fat, I am not sure why you wouldn't want this removed; removal of the love handles/lower back/lateral thighs is critical to transforming your buttocks from a double bubble to a bubble but. Please read link below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...  no necessarily, if your surgeon does a good job on proportions you will get nice results.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I usually lipo the inner thighs in order to increase the fat content for the transfer. Is that the intention in your case or are you trying to sculpt the thighs and thin them out? Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon