Bags under my eyes several days after restylane injections. Is this normal? (photos)

It is now the fourth day since I have received my injections and this bubble/bag has not dissipated under my eyes. Is this just swelling or is did the product settle and will likely stay? Please help!

Bags after Restylane injections

Hi Mia.  It may be too early to tell if this is swelling or the product.  If the Restylane was injected poorly or too superficially then you can get this type of reaction.  The great thing about these products is that we can reverse the effects with Hyaluronidase.  To see an example of another patient that had the same concerns as you click on the link below to see the reversal. 

Restylane filler for tear troughs

I takes about two weeks for the swelling or bruising to resolve after having Restylane filler for the tear troughs and before you can see the final result.  If you are not happy at that time, please return to your doctor for assessment. The Restylane can be dissolved if necessary.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Bags under the eyelids following Restylane injections to tear troughs

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Restylane is a great product for treatment of dark shadows under the eyes. If performed improperly, bags get worse or other issues can develop. At this point, you could simply be swollen. Allow 2 weeks to pass from the time of injection and then you can evaluate the results. Make sure experienced doctors in this delicate area perform your treatments.Good luck,

Bags under my eyes several days after restylane injections.

Still too early to say. It is likely that you still have swelling present. Best to give it time, around 3-4 weeks before evaluating the results. If "swelling" persists, then may consider getting rid of filler. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane and Results -- Reverse with Hyalurondase

Swelling due to Restylane usually takes 2-3 weeks to subside. It takes a few weeks to see the final outcome and I suggest you wait to see how it all settles. After this time if you are unhappy with results you can reverse with hyaluronidase. Best, Dr. Emer.