Asymmetry after rhinoplasty revision, short nose on the left side, what can be done? (Photo)

I had a Rhinoplasty revision Nov 12, 2014, i was very specific about what i wanted to fix. After first rhinoplasty, my tip was bulbous and i wanted to have a refined tip. Now, my nose is asymmetric, right nostril is bigger than the left one, and left semi profile is just ugly, it's a chopped short nose. What could be done? on a straight picture it looks like two sides of two different noses were put together, i only have a right side of my nose that i am happy with.. i am devastated.

Result not favorable

I would go back and discuss this with your surgeon.  I agree the result is not probably what you or they had in mind.  There is much that can be done to improve the result but a serious amount of discussion and planning before doing anything.

Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty Revision

I understand your concern but your nose will change as healing progresses over a year after surgery. Wait another 4-6 months before making any decisions re your nasal appearance.

Asymmetry after revision rhinoplasty

Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult surgeries in plastic surgery.  With that being said, your nasal shape will continue to change up to one year, and due to your thick nasal skin, is likely still swollen.  Relay your concerns to your plastic surgeon, as he or she will likely give you a timeline for realistic expectations.  Best wishes!

Still some time

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy after undergoing two surgeries. If you are five months out from a revision surgery, you still have some swelling which will improve over the next 9 months or so. You describe it as a 'chopped short nose' and this will not likely lengthen, but the proportions may improve as the swelling in the tip goes down. There are always options and I would suggest meeting with some different surgeons maybe a few months from now to get a feeling for what can be done.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon