Asymmetrical tummy tuck lower body lift. What can be done to fix this? (Photo)

I had a lower body lift about 6 months ago and I am noticing some asymmetry in my results. Submitting pictures. What can be done to fix this?

Asymmetry after lower body lift

Thank you for your question and sharing your experience with us.  Asymmetry after procedures are very common.  I would recommend visiting with your plastic surgeon who can discuss options with you.  These might entail removing some additional skin or fat from the areas of concern.  Typically recovery after such procedures is much easier than the original.

Minor tweaks after body lift

Minor tweaks after body lift are not uncommon. Do not be alarmed if you have some minor asymmetries. They can be fixed.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Assymetric and uneven tummy tuck incision line

Your concerns are very fixable. Please contact us for my PODCAST on "Raising Tummy Tuck Expectations". Your concerns can be corrected by moving your incision line down (it is too high) and in the process correcting your asymmetries. This correction will also improve your contour.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

When your curves don't match

you should discuss with your surgeon for what options are there for you.  A body lift is a long operation and sometimes little things may get overlooked.  Regardless, if you're simply seeking a better waistline, liposuction could do the trick.  If you're wanting all that extra skin removed,  you're talking major revisions and additional scars.  I'm positive you have achieved a lot through your surgery and I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon as your surgeon knows you best and has the luxury of examining you too.

Curtis Wong, MD

Asymmetry in Torso

I see the difference in contour in your waist area. It is subtle, but may just be a difference in subcutaneous thickness (the fatty layer).  If so, it could possibly be evened out with liposuction alone. Discuss with your surgeon.  Other than that minor thing, you look great overall!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

It is always a good idea to post preop photos if possible. Everyone has asymmetry to begin with.  For weight loss patients I often use a vertical closure as well.

Surgery will be needed

You will need a surgical revision to fix it.  See your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him or her. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Etrical tummy tuck lower body lift. What can be done to fix this? (Photo)

Without your "before" pictures, it may be hard to give you an opinion. 
I recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon and attempt to working with him. 
Most surgeons prefer to wait at least 6 months prior making any judgement or decision in terms of revision surgery, if warranted. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS

Overall nice resut

You have an overall nice result, and your scar is low. The human body is never perfectly symmetric, although we attempt to improve the symmetry with plastic surgery. You have a nice contour of the your hips and waist. There is slight asymmetry of your waist which could be corrected with a small amount of liposuction. Your lower abdominal scar has some irregularities, and while it might seem simple to revise this, and by taking away more skin this leads to additional tension which potentially could widen the scar. For this reason, I would wait a year from surgery to allow further healing before contemplating revising the scar. As you can see, most before and after tummy tuck photos don't show the scar, as scars tend to frequently either widen or heal asymmetrically despite the fact that we measure and attempt to make the initial incisions and resection perfectly symmetric.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lifts are a huge debulking.  Usually, touch ups can be performed at the subsequent breast or arm or thigh surgeries. Speak to your surgeon about a touch up. You look really good despite the asymmetry.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD