Asymmetrical lips; what should I do? (Photos)

The goal is to make my upper lips look symmetrical without one side looking "fuller." Pics included: Before and photoshopped After.

Lip fillers

Hi thanks to share your pic. as you wish to achieve a symmetrical appearance you can opt for hyaluronic acid fillers which will give you a natural look.however do consult a trained expert plastic surgeon and discuss your concern and then get it contoured in an aesthetic pleasing appearance.

Lip Filler

There is no such thing as perfect symmetry.  Everyone has slight asymmetry.  a hyaluronic acid filler is a great choice for adding fullness to the lips.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Fillers for lip symmetry

A hyaluronic acid filler is an excellent choice for slight corrections of the lips. It is important to understand that some asymmetry is to be expected, as 'perfect symmetry' does not exist. Trying to achieve perfect symmetry is a pitfall, and often leads to over-injected patients. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip asymmetry

Hello, and thanks for your question. 
If you are looking for more volume and improved symmetry, then I think you are a good candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid filler. However, I always like to remind me patients that everyone's face is at least slightly asymmetric, and in chasing "perfect" symmetry one runs the risk of adding more product than is really needed.  To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. 
Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Lip symmetry improvement with filler

I would say that filler is the way to go. Make sure you go to a board certified physician for this. I would probably use Restylane for this because it spreads the least of the fillers for lips. That way, you can be more specific with the correction and not just overall enhancement. I would probably recommend needle correction because you can be more accurate with these.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane

Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane can be used to augment the lip and create additional shape while treating asymmetry. Because you are seeking a different shape, I would suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer

Asymmetric lips

Thank you for your photo. Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm Ultra or Restylane Silk can help improve your symmetry with your upper left lip as you have shown. You would only need a very small amount placed to avoid an unnatural look. When planning to have the injection,  keep in mind that your lips may be swollen for the first 48-72 hours before they settle into their new shape. In my experience, I do find that Restylane tends to have more dramatic swelling than Juvederm.  You can help minimize post-injection swelling with cool compresses and avoiding any strenuous exercise, alcohol, or salty foods for the first 24hours. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lip Augmentation For Symmetry

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photographs, I would suggest a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of Juvederm for symmetry purposes only.  Natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes! 

Fillers

You are probably best to have an HA like Restylane, restylanelyft , or one of the juvederm products placed.

Lip Asymmetry

This is best remedied with Juvederm Ultra plus done by an experienced injector. Over correction is not what you are looking for! Good luck

Robert M. Tornambe, MD