What Asian rhinoplasty procedures can you do to achieve as close as possible to my desired nose?(photos)

I want: - Lower nostril rims slightly, less nostril show from front - Reduce alar base/sidewalls - Natural-looking Concerns: - I read that many alar procedures often make the nostrils more visible/pointier. I DO NOT want this. - Afraid of scarring What do you recommend? For lowering the rim, do you think composite alar rim grafts or regular alar rim grafts is better for me? What kind of base excision can achieve the alar reduction effect I want?

Asian Rhinoplasty

Based on your photos, it does appear that refining the tip of your nose and creating more height and projection to the bridge and tip of your nose will make a nice change to your overall appearance.  An important step in choosing the right nose for you is choosing the right surgeon. Looking at his/her before and after photos will give you a good sense of his/her aesthetic. Once you have found an experienced Asian rhinoplasty specialist, be clear about your aesthetic goals. He/she will be able to perform computer morphing of your pictures to give you a sense of what is technically achievable and what is appropriate for your face, and recommend any adjunctive procedures to attain the best result for you.

Thank you for your question, jdupsoon1. It is possible to achieve your desired results through a Rhinoplasty. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to ensure you receive the highest-quality knowledge, skill, treatment and care available.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing and Refining the Nasal Base and Alar Rims in Asian Patients

It is best to make all incisions inside the nostrils to refine the alar rims in patients like you whenever possible to avoid visible scars.

Asian Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the photos and the question and at a complimentary consultation digital photos would be taken and then altered with your input to show you what can be done with your nose and how it might be accomplished.  So see some experts in your area that offer this

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Asian rhinoplasty

There are many maneuvers possible to achieve the results you desire. You would benefit from an in person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon with expertise in Asian rhinoplasty.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon