There appears to be some looseness of skin right under my chin. Do I have enough loose skin for a surgeon to work with? (Photos)

Am I a neck lift and lower face lift candidate ? I am 42 and noticing my skin isn't as tight as it was only one year ago. Is there enough looseness for a successful result ? Or do I need to wait until it is obvious that I need surgery ? Is there anything I can do to improve/fix this besides surgery ? My face doesn't bother me as much but I would like it to be a little tigher. I tried fillers once but I think it made me look older (possibly inexperienced PS).

Minimal loose skin

but options depend on your expectations.  There are non-invasive and minimally invasive methods to provide you an avenue to reach your goals.  Your photos don't really show loose skin so an exam would be needed.  If confirmed that there is some laxity, you could choose to have these procedures.  If your laxity was minimal, avoid surgeons until you truly have more banding and wrinkling as many will try to sell you something you may not need or benefit from.  When evaluating responses and effectiveness, has some rating sites that you could check out to get more unsolicitated information on.

Treating Loose Skin Under the Chin / Neck

Thank you for sharing your question. Based on the photos you have provided it is difficult to determine the degree of loose skin you are noticing; however, it does not appear that you are ready for a lower face/neck lift at this juncture of your life. Instead, I recommend exploring non-surgical alternatives such as ThermiTight, a minimally invasive procedure that uses heated probe to safely tighten skin.

ThermiTight is performed in the office under local anesthesia and is a great option for those who are not quite ready to go under the knife. Another option to address this area is the use of NovaThreads, which are PDO sutures that are placed beneath the skin in a mesh formation and stimulate your body’s own collagen production. Both ThermiTight and NovaThreads provide effective ways to address the loose skin you are concerned with beneath the chin.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Surgery options

When looking into a procedure like this, you need to see what is causing what you don't like in the mirror. The things that can be address surgically are the skin, the fat and the muscle. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Facial Aesthetics for a consultation and more details. From these pictures it is hard to say what your best options are.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #facelift  #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity / Jawline-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

You can do a combination of things such as neck lifting, liposuction, ThermiRF, ultherapy/thermage to get improvement here. I suggest you get a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Loose skin of neck treatment?

I need to examine your face and neck to tell you a valid answer. See several experienced facelift surgeons who will not sell you something you do not need yet.

Ultherapy to Tighten under the Chin

From your photos, it looks like you could benefit from Ultherapy, a non-invasive skin tightening treatment that we have had great results with under the chin and. 

Janet Turkle, MD

Neck folds

You would need an in-office exam to determine your best options.  Generally, for very mild cases of loose skin, a non-invasive skin tightening would work.  Best wishes. 

David Alessi, MD

Do I have enough loose skin for a surgeon to work with?

Though I do see some loose skin under your chin I do not think you're a candidate for a necklift and facelift at this stage. You're only 42 and I think it would be ill-advised to be that aggressive considering how minor your laxity is. Some people report temporary but good results from nonsurgical treatments but others have been disappointed so it's a decision you have to choose personally to make.I would advise you to meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss options and to be assessed in a face-to-face examination. Be sure to watch the video above for additional information.Best of luck and good wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Neck and lower face skin redundancy

We perform face and neck lifts on patients in their 40s occasionally; although younger patients may have less skin redundancy, they actually do better given that their tissues are stronger and healthy.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Loose Shin under Neck

I don't feel these pictures show your neck adequately. Pictures as described on my website or an examination would be very helpful because the answer to your question will depend on the severity of the laxity. If you're concerned about privacy pictures can be sent directly to any surgeon participating in  this forum.