Does anyone know if low amounts of fat on BBL procedure lowers your risk of necrosis? (photo)

Ok I'm having the hardest time deciding whether or not I should do the bbl. I told my doctor I only want 200c per side max. He said the likelihood of me getting fat necrosis with such low amounts is very unlikely. Does anyone know if low amounts of fat lowers your risk for necrosis?

Does anyone know if low amounts of fat on BBL procedure lowers your risk of necrosis?

I have not had any problems with fat necrosis despite volumes injected as large as 2000 cc per buttock. It is true that lower volumes should be at lower risk for fat necrosis. I will tell you that 200 cc per buttock will not produce any visible change in the buttocks after resorption. I would save your money or get at least 600 cc to 800 cc per side.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Brazilian Butt Lift, Fat grafting, Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

Hello

"Fat Necrosis" or localized hardening is always a potential complication of any fat grafting procedure. The risk may increase the larger the amount of fat grafted as well the less vascular the recipient site, smoking,etc.....

In general , if the fat grafting is done with care and properly by a Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience , this risk can be minimized.

Keep in mind that at the very best 50-70 % of the grafted fat will survive and the rest usually gets reabsorbed by your body without any concerns. If you are planing a 200cc augmentation per side the above should be accounted for in your calculations.

Sometimes a secondary fat grafting procedure may be necessary in 3-6 months.

You seem to have adequate amount of fat in your abdomen , flanks and upper/lower back to achieve the results that you desire.

Thank you and best wishes.

Hello

Thank you and best wishes.

200 cc BBL

Using a small amount of fat for injection is unlikely to be lost significantly during a brazilian butt lift.

200 cc BBL

Fat disappearance in bbl

Dear Yio,

Thank you for submitting your pictures. BBL or fat injection to the butts is very controversial because it does not last beyond 6 - 12 months. This is based on many patients who came to my surgery center for butt implants after having fat injection by other surgeons. The fat can just slowly disappear without symptoms or can be associated with redness, hardening , pain and cyst formation which is the result of fat necrosis. From your picture it appears that your best option is butt implants. They do not disappear and can give you the shape and size of your desire. You can have liposuction at the same time or separetly. Consult with board certified plastic surgeon who do lots of butt implants surgery. Check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results since there are different techniques and different implant shapes.

Dr Widder

Fat disappearance in bbl

Dear Yio,

Dr Widder

Fat necrosis after FG

You have to know that the more fat transferred the higher the risk, but we are talking about huge volume, the risk of fat necrosis will be always a risk specially on non-experienced doctors who do not know where to transfer, how to treat the fat and when to stop.

Fat grafting is a safe procedure on experienced hands. And the risk is very low.

If we are talking about fat "absorption" is completely different, and this is a natural and expected thing. We normally expect 20-30% absorption.

You are a perfect candidate for BBL and I can envision a good 4-5 litters of fat obtained during lipo and a nice 500-600cc per side of fat transferred SAFELY into the butt.

Have a great journey.

Dr. Cardenas

Fat necrosis after FG

Have a great journey.

Dr. Cardenas

Thank you for your question, fat necrosis is one of the many risks of surgery and even if the amount of fat is small there is still a risk of fat necrosis, however with the proper cares you can avoid complications after surgery.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon