Would it be possible to get an estimate of how much of my tummy will be removed during a TT based on this picture? (Photo)

Would it be possible to get an estimate of how much of my tummy will be removed during a TT based on this picture?

TT

Thank you for your photos. It is not possible to estimate how much skin can be removed without an in-office examination in different positions to determine the quality and amount of excess skin you hvae as well as the structural anatomy of your abdomen. Generally speaking, it is usually possible to remove enough skin up to or slightly above your belly button. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

How much removed with a tummy tuck

It is impossible to predict how much skin and underlying fst is removed with a tummy tuck, but in yur case, I would have to say - most of it.  It will not be like when you were a teenager, but it will make a tremendous difference.

The amount removed will be determined by the level of dissection and the tightness of closure.

Tummy Tuck Results

The skin that is removed is from the pubic area to the belly button. This results in a scar in the bikini area. Additional skin can be removed in a more vertical fashion and this results in a scar along the midline. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Tummy tucks remove excess skin

and sitting produces excess skin on its own.  Best to ask your chosen surgeon how much can be removed.  Usually, if you can pinch your belly button down to your pubic area when on your back and thighs flexed at your hips, you can remove what is in between that.  Ideally, you should be at the weight you intend to maintain as well to preserve your results.  I often remove belly buttons and reconstruct more aesthetic ones later.

Curtis Wong, MD

TT

Thank you for the question and your surgeon will remove your abdominal skin excess either in a large transverse ellipse or a fleur de les pattern.  The one photo provided is not clear enough to say what would give you the best result so ask your surgeon. Ask to see photos of similar sized patients from your surgeon so you are fully informed

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD