What if after getting a BBL your booty goes back to its original size?

Someone that I know had this happen to them. All that money & pain they went through just for their booty to go back to how it originally was. What could possibly be the issue? I am currently in the process of getting a Brazillian Butt lift in December, but I am just thinking will it be worth it...

BBL

No, with a Brazilian butt lift, your butt would not go back to the original size. BBL is via fat grafting or silicone implants. With the proper technique and materials, fat will not absorb overtime.

BBL vs IMPLANTS

Hi Reddss,

BBL has a significant advantage in that we are not only adding volume to the gluteal region, but we are also contouring the surrounding area's through liposuction.  Though typically 60-70% of the fat survives, there tends to be some disappointment as the swelling AND 30% absorption occur over the 3-4 months following the surgery.  For example, if we inject 500cc per side, the patient will initially see the 500cc PLUS swelling that can easily produce a 100-200cc distortion.  So if right after surgery they see a 700cc enhancement, 3 months later as the swelling and absorption occur, they see only a 350cc difference.   THAT's a 50% reduction from what they see post-op.... hence they may be disappointed.  

For our patients who wish to have significantly larger volume after a BBL, rather than recommending a secondary BBL, we recommend an implant that can add 300-800cc in volume per side with no resorption.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Very good question.  It is difficult to determine how much fat will take during the fat grafting procedure.  There are surgical techniques such as using small aliquots of fat as well as multiple passes that increase take.  Avoiding shearing forces on the fat has also shown to increase fat survival.  I use the same proven technique at all of my surgeries and still have different percentages of fat survival.  Good luck.  

Michael McClure, MD
Winter Park Plastic Surgeon

BBL

I appreciate your question.

About 60-70% of the fat placed will survive at 6 months. That plus the liposculpting should create a nice figure

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery and high definition body contouring.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift Results

A BBL involves liposuctioning of fat from other areas and injection into the buttock. The fat's ability to survive in it's new location is hard to predict. There are a number of factors that contribute to the survival rate of fat. It can range from harvest technique, injection technique, or post operative compression issues. Bottom line is while most surgeons hope for over 60% fat take there are too many variables to accurately predict how much of the fat will survive. 

Surjit S. Rai, MD (Dallas Plastic Surgeon) 

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician

Brazilian Butt Lift

In a Brazilian butt lift, fat is used to enlarge and reshape the buttocks. Fat grafting can be difficult to predict and it is up to your body's own metabolism, technique, amount and quality of fat grafted, as well as the post-operative care to determine how much fat ultimately becomes incorporated and considered permanent. Other times, patients will attempt to gain weight just before surgery to increase the amount of fat that can be used. After surgery, they return to their baseline weight or work extra hard to further improve their body and weight loss, but don't realize that losing weight means losing the fat that was used in the BBL. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician