What if after getting a BBL your booty goes back to its original size?

Someone that I know had this happen to them. All that money & pain they went through just for their booty to go back to how it originally was. What could possibly be the issue? I am currently in the process of getting a Brazillian Butt lift in December, but I am just thinking will it be worth it...

BBL

Very good question.  It is difficult to determine how much fat will take during the fat grafting procedure.  There are surgical techniques such as using small aliquots of fat as well as multiple passes that increase take.  Avoiding shearing forces on the fat has also shown to increase fat survival.  I use the same proven technique at all of my surgeries and still have different percentages of fat survival.  Good luck.  

BBL

I appreciate your question.

About 60-70% of the fat placed will survive at 6 months. That plus the liposculpting should create a nice figure

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery and high definition body contouring.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift Results

A BBL involves liposuctioning of fat from other areas and injection into the buttock. The fat's ability to survive in it's new location is hard to predict. There are a number of factors that contribute to the survival rate of fat. It can range from harvest technique, injection technique, or post operative compression issues. Bottom line is while most surgeons hope for over 60% fat take there are too many variables to accurately predict how much of the fat will survive. 

Surjit S. Rai, MD (Dallas Plastic Surgeon) 

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician

Brazilian Butt Lift

In a Brazilian butt lift, fat is used to enlarge and reshape the buttocks. Fat grafting can be difficult to predict and it is up to your body's own metabolism, technique, amount and quality of fat grafted, as well as the post-operative care to determine how much fat ultimately becomes incorporated and considered permanent. Other times, patients will attempt to gain weight just before surgery to increase the amount of fat that can be used. After surgery, they return to their baseline weight or work extra hard to further improve their body and weight loss, but don't realize that losing weight means losing the fat that was used in the BBL. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician