Can Acell + PRP slow the aging process of hair loss?

For those who believe this non FDA approval treatnent, I know the new hair will fall again if the treatment is stopped. My question is if I continue this treatment, can I slow the underlying aging process? If I stop the treatment, can I keep more hair than my twin brother who does not received any treatment?

A Cell and PRP

This is a good question.Generally, speaking the use of ACell with PRP for hair loss is an off label use for it.That being said, good results have been reported with its use and this has been the case in my own experience as well.However, I would not suggest using ACell with every PRP session you receive.I generally recommend it for use in either the first or last 3 sessions of your series.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Acell and PRP

Thanks for your question.In general, the use of ACell and PRP for treatment of hair loss is an off label indication for the use of ACell.Many doctors performing PRP with ACell injections have reported that the ACell is beneficial.I would not recommend doing ACell with every treatment however.I would suggest that ACell can be used with the first 3 treatments or potentially the first and last of 3 treatments.With regard to your specific question, your consulting doctor would be able to give you the most accurate information after an examination.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

PRP Therapy

Acell + PRP has been used by Hair Transplant Surgeons for quite a while. It is known to stimulate the Stem Cells of the hair. However there are no studies which shows that these therapies can slow down the underlying Ageing process.

Kapil Dua, MBBS, MS
India Hair Restoration Surgeon

Acell and PRP or hair loss

PRP is being used to stimulate hair growth and thicken hair.  There is no evidence yet if Acell can slow the aging process of hair. Clinical studies are being performed currently and the results are pending.  Patients have had encouraging results with PRP both in thickening hair and stopping further hair loss.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

ACell + PRP for hair restoration

PRP and ACell are both the products that were used for hair restoration or hair loss prevention by some clinicians in the last few years. Despite of their positive roles in orthopedic procedures, there is not enough solid medical evidence that they can have a sustainable results in the growth of hair. More research with positive long lasting results are needed in order to recommend these products for hair loss treatment.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP for AGA? Englewood Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, PRP will thicken the existing hair, decrease hair loss, and possibly cause dormant hairs to start growing. It is not FDA-approved because applications to the FDA have not  been submitted. The process is considered very safe and is now widespread in the United States and globally. There are many studies to suggest its effectiveness. The duration of action of PRP is somewhere between 4 to 12 months. Therefore, a genetic ongoing process such as AGA will be reversed for this period of time. After this, gradual thinning will start. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon