Does Abdominal Sculpsure effect male fertility?

I'm 51, very fit, excellent diet (clean, balanced), 192, 6'1". We're planning on having a baby in the very near future (like 2 months), but I'd like to try Sculpsure on a small area on my lower abdomen before that (I've got a little bump there). Anything to worry about, fertility-wise? Thx.

SculpSure is Safe

SculpSure technology has been approved in US and Canada for the reduction of fat on the lower tummy, stomach and flanks. SculpSure is a non-invasive fat-reduction procedure that delivers permanent results in the targeted areas in about 6 weeks, with visible final results seen at 12 weeks. This is the time frame for your body to metabolize the eliminated fat cells through your metabolic system.

The laser technology does not affect the surrounding tissue cells or muscles. Because you are trying to have a baby and will be gaining weight during pregnancy, I would suggest perhaps waiting until after the baby to get SculpSure treatments to help you bounce back into your pre-pregnancy state. Other than that, there are no medical reasons that suggest SculpSure will interfere with your pregnancy agenda. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fertility unaffected by SculpSure

Thanks for your question. There have been no studies that have indicated SculpSure affecting male or female fertility. Sculpsure is designed to destroy fat cells, nothing more. You may experience swelling and soreness post-treatment that may feel like a vigorous ab workout, but nothing more. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

There is no reason why Sculpsure should affect fertility

there is no medical reason why this should affect your fertility. 

of course, no one is going to want to do this on someone who is pregnant, there is no reason to 

think it will affect fertility in either sex.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. I am not aware of any studies that have suggested fertility issues with SculpSure. The main side effect of SculpSure is a little soreness after the treatment. Otherwise, you should experience a great result. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure does not effect male or female fertility

SculpSure emits a laser that targets subcutaneous fat only and will not effect the gonads of either sex.  No studies have been performed to test this, nor will any studies be performed in the future to test this becasuse it is just not possible.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and Post Results -- Add Vanquish and Cellutone

No sculpsure doesn't affect fertility it is confined to the fat only and so are other treatments we do in combination such as Vanquish, cellutone, Exilis, Venus legacy etc.  Best, Dr. Emer.

No clinical trials

No clinical trials have been completed to date looking at fertility of either Sculpsure or Coolsulpting.

Elizabeth Arthur, MD
Rochester Dermatologist

Does Lower Abdominal SculpSure Affect Male Fertility?

No, no effect, nothing to worry about. The SculpSure works by putting heat into a an area just larger than the applicators and it only goes into the subcutaneous fat. It has no distant effect. You may have heard that male fertility has been affected by the heat of laptops in men's laps. The effect was mild. With SculpSure the heat is very localized and dissipates quickly when the treatment is over.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Male Fertility and SculpSure

Thanks for your question. SculpSure was recently approved by the FDA for removal of fat using laser technology, but the use of lasers have been around for years. This particular laser will only go to the subcutaneous fat and will not penetrate any further than that little area that doesn't seem to go away. In fact, it will not remove visceral fat (fat around the organs). Therefore it will not go to the testicular area and decrease your sperm count or cause abnormalities in the sperm. You'll love the results of SculpSure. The treatment is only 25 minutes and most people will need 2 treatments. Best of luck for you and your new family to be!

SculpSure Indications / Safety Concerns

Thank you for your question. SculpSure works via a laser that targets fat selectively. In clinical trials and in practice, it is deemed safe. It does not travel deep enough to cause any issues with fertility. However, it does work very well in eliminating up to 24% of stubborn fat from problem areas - like your self proclaimed lower abdominal bump. Best of luck!