Am I a good candidate for sliding genioplasty and rhinoplasty? (photos)

I definitely want rhinoplasty, but I'm not sure about sliding genioplasty. I looked into chin implants and I know it's easier but I don't want one. I want vertical length without adding any projection forward. Is that possible with sliding g? Attached is my current side profile and edited desired profile. What's recommended to achieve that look and a (very) rough estimate of the cost?

From the limited photos you have submitted it does not seem that you need any genioplasty.  A finesse rhinoplasty to dlicately smooth out your dorsum and slightly refine your nasal tip will balance your profile adequately.  Hope that helps.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sliding genioplasty

I agree with the other physicians that you do not need a sliding genioplasty. A rhinoplasty would help balance your profile.  Consider Kybella to the neck, if anything.  This is a new FDA-approved injectable to dissolve fat under the neck. 

Sliding genioplasty

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Britttttt, I do not see any need for a sliding genioplasty however you would nicely balance your profile with a rhinoplasty. I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field and have imaging performed to show you the proposed results to make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page. Also review your surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. See some examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Michael Elam, MD

Sliding Genioplasty and a rhinoplasty

A sliding genioplasty is performed by an oral surgeon under general anesthesia as an inpatient procedure in a hospital with an overnight stay. The rhinoplasty procedure is not performed at the same time. A rhinoplasty procedure can be performed 3 to 6 months down the road also under general anesthesia, but as an outpatient procedure. For more information and many rhinoplasty examples, please see the link and the video below

Sliding Genioplasty and a rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

From the profile view, I see that the nose can be improved by rhinoplasty. I do not see any need for chin surgery or liposuction of the neck

Rhinoplasty

Am I a good candidate for sliding genioplasty and rhinoplasty?

Hello Brittttttt - Thanks for your question. Typically a sliding genioplasty adds projection, and with a spacer bone graft, can add vertical length. As you might know, vertical height change alone cannot be achieved with a chin implant. Looking at your profile picture, you seem to have enough projection already. However, in your simulation, you have markedly adjusted your cervico-mental angle to a very acute, tucked position. To approach this in your face would require aggressive neck liposuction (both above and below the platysma muscle), along with platysma muscle tightening and transverse platysma muscle cutting. This is a procedure I perform fairly often to great success. An additional procedure that I would recommend is Radiesse injection along the inferior border of the chin bone (mandible) to increase that component of vertical height. You might need one syringe of Radiesse and 2 separate injection sessions (total = 2 syringes of Radiesse). I would recommend that you consult with an expert in facial cosmetic surgery for an in-person consultation and exam. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Surgery

Thank you for the photos and the question but an examination is really needed.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in the area who use digital photography to show you what can be accomplished with surgery.

Dr. Corbin

Surgery

Dr. Corbin

Dear Brittt

Based on the limited views you have provided, I think you would benefit from a rhinoplasty and neck liposuction. On your side view, I don't see improvement in your facial proportions from increased vertical height. I would suggest a rhinoplasty and submental liposuction and then if that was not enough, a genioplasty at a later date.

Dear Brittt

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  In this picture, you chin appears to have adequate projection and therefore I would not perform a genioplasty.  Submental liposuction may help you. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon