Am I a good candidate for neck liposuction?

I have had a few consultations to discuss improving my profile and have determined that a rhinoplasty would work for me. I also wanted to tighten up my jawline but both consultations mentioned that a chin implant wasn't necessary since the size of my nose would be reduced. Instead, one of the doctors mentioned that I could be a candidate for neck liposuction but I wanted a second opinion. What do you think?

Neck liposuction or Kybella

Submental fullness in a young female can be treated with neck liposuction. Other alternatives are Kybella, an injectable acid that dissolves the fat. I would schedule a consult with a facial plastic surgeon to discuss. 

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Younger patients make best candidates for liposuction of the chin and neck.

It looks as though there would be some benefit to liposuction of the chin and neck. This is easily done with local anesthesia. I don't see a need for a chin implant. After liposuction if you want more definition along the jawline fillers can be considered but my guess is that will not be necessary.

Combination treatment for the neck line

Not everyone wants to undergo a surgical procedure for the chin and nose. If you are considering a lighter procedure for the jawline and neck contour, I would suggest  a combination of Ultherapy to the neck and jawline and Sculptra and Radiesse to the jawline and chin. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Yes to chin implant, no to neck liposuction.

Thanks for posting your question and photos.  In short i agree with rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, but do not think there is much benefit from neck liposuction.  Good luck and you should have great results !

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Excellent question

Based on the pictures you have shown, you appear to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.

You are slim and do not have a substantial amount of subcutaneous fat.

Still, a small change in your chin and neck might make a nice difference.

I do think you might benefit from a very small chin enhancement.

In an ideal setting, you may also benefit from a small amount of cheek enhancement.

At some point, a more realistic plan may be necessary.

You have a lifetime to think about various secondary procedures.

Perhaps for now you should focus on the rhinoplasty.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant, no liposuction

The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose and under projecting chin. There is very minimal, if any fat in the neck, so liposuction will only have minimal improvement. The rhinoplasty procedure can be performed with closed rhinoplasty approach to decrease the overall projection of the tip and bridge, reduce the hump and hanging columella. A chin implant can be inserted through sub mental approach at the same time or separately. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, which is best determined at the time of the  consultation and examination. For many examples of this combination in our practice, please see the video and the link below

Possible candidate for liposuction of the neck

In my opinion, I would not recommend liposuction of your neck.  I do think that a chin implant would help with your profile, even with the rhinoplasty.  You certainly do not need a very large implant, but a small one could add enough projection to balance your face better.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment -- SmartLipo, Botox, Venus Legacy

I treat this everyday in my practice. You do not need surgery. Properly performed liposuction with laser and physical fat removal will do fantastic to remove the fat, lift the skin, and contour the jawline. I pretreat everyone with Botox 1-2 weeks before surgery to relax the neck muscles, allowing for better retraction of the skin after surgery. Then after treatment we do skin tightening with Venus Legacy to improve the results and decrease the neck swelling. I suggest you only see an expert for treatment of this area as a meticulous surgeon is required to get great results and complications in this area can be devastating both medically and cosmetically. Also someone who specializes in younger healthy patients, go to the best! Best, Dr. Emer.