Am I a good candidate for hairline lowering or what type of procedure could correct my uneven hairline? (Photo)

Basically I would like to have the best results with the lowest cost I'm a nursing student and not exactly rolling in cash right now. Maybe I'll just wait till I graduate, but I'm so insecure about my mishapen hairline I can't ever do my hair how I would like. People who tell me it isn't that bad are lying I just want it corrected.

Uneven hairline hair transplants and hairline lowering

Uneven hairlines are typically best addressed with hair transplants.  Certainly, some degree of unevenness is ok and actually desirable, but large defects can be corrected with hair transplants.  You would of course need a more thorough history and physical exam of the area, prior to having a surgeon offer you a procedure. 

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline lowering procedure

I believe that you need a careful examination to make sure that you do not have some cause of the hairline problems, even a biopsy. There are diseases such as Frontal Fibrosing Alpecia that cause this problem. You would not want to get a and then have it fail.  

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Defect in hairline

If you wish to have a more normal looking hairline by having the center filled in, a relatively small session of densly packed hair transplants would be the best way to go. Lowering the entire hairline by more grafts or scalp advancement would be much more costly. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is best to see a doctor for an examination and consultation if you are considering surgery to address your hair line.

It is best to see a doctor for an examination and consultation if you are considering surgery to address your hair line.  Photos are helpful but it does not show if you would be a candidate for surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon