Am I a good candidate for gum contour? (Photo)

When I was 7 I fell and chipped my front tooth. At the age of 10 before getting braces I believe I had gum sugery n after getting my braces I started to get a Gummy smile. Help! What do u suggest?

Doctor Answers 1

Gummy Smile Correction

You can do a gingival reduction that will partially fix the problem but a full flap with bone reduction would give better results.  It is also possible to do reverse vestibuloplasty to limit how far the lip moves expsing the gums.

The best approach is actually correcting your narrow maxilla with Epigenetic orthodontics/orthopedics allowing better positioning of teth and bone to mold lips, create a better airway and a full 10-12 tooth smile.   As you widen the posterior you create a more eye-pleasing u-shaped maxilla.

Chicago Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.