Am I a good candidate for a full Tummy tuck? (photos)

Hello I am 5'3" about 130lbs. I have 3 children the last 2 being twins. I know that I need a muscle repair but most tummy tucks I see are on bigger women.

Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck?

Your photos do suggest that you have a significant widening of your rectus muscles as well as a good amount of skin laxity. This would make you a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Sure, tummy tucks are often done on bigger women but you are actually someone who would get great degree of improvement. You also appear to have some lipodystrophy (disproportionate fat excess) in your hip/flank area, and an umbilical hernia. Adding in some liposuction of the hip/flank area and repairing your umbilical hernia would be great additions to the tummy tuck and will significantly enhance your overall result. 

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on what I see you are a candidate for a full Tummy Tuck but I would have to examine you to say for sure.  Seek in person consultations with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who perform a lot of abdominoplasty surgeries.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Tummy tuck candidate

From your photos and your history of pregnancies and the stretch marks on your abdomen, you would be a candidate for an abdominoplasty with muscle repair, BUT, you may need to have an additional vertical scar from the horizontal bikini scar half way up to your belly button .

Tummy tuck considerations #plasticsurgery

Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for a 'full' tummy tuck which includes muscle repair. We often combine liposuction of the waist and hips to enhance tummy tuck results for our patients.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options, address your goals and then work together to build a surgical plan to help you achieve your overall desired look.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

MOMs makeover tummy tuck

Mothers of Multiples often have a wider muscle separation or weakening of the abdominal wall so the tummy tuck needs to take that into account. Sometimes reinforcement with mesh is considered. The need for tummy tucks is not related to size, but is done for any combination of:
  • loose or excess skin
  • localized fat that does no respond to exercise
  • muscle separation

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Based upon photos provided, you appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved.  Hope this helps!

Am I a good candidate for a full Tummy tuck?

I think you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck. Anything less would leave your upper abdomen not as flat as the lower part.

Julio Garcia, MD

?Full TT

Your photos demonstrate stretched out abdominal muscles above AND below the umbilicus.  You also have some loose skin (though not a whole lot) with stretch marks above AND below the umbilicus.  This means that a "mini" tummy tuck, which only tightens things from the umbilicus down, would not give satisfactory results.  In my opinion, you do need a full tummy tuck, which will tighten everything from the lower end of the breast bone to the pubic bone.  This can all be done with an extended bikini incision.  Best to discuss your goals and options in a consultation with an experienced board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best of luck.

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your photos and question. You are a good candidate for a tummy tuck with some skin looseness, some muscle laxity, and some fatty fullness. With all three a tummy tuck is the right procedure. Have your surgeon tighten your rectus diastasis and flatten your tummy muscles. Find a board certified plastic surgeon that has performed at least 100 of these procedures per year. They will be able to determine which tummy tuck procedure is best for you during a consultation. Hope this helps,Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD