Am I a good candidate for c-section scar revision only? I don't have diastasis and I don't want major surgery. (photo)

I had a c-section at 29 weeks, so my scar is small - 4.5". I do have loose abdominal skin, and a high belly button, but I don't want a TT. I'd have a reverse TT before a traditional bc my laxity is above my bb - I don't want the scar though. Anyhow, I have an ellipsis of skin that needs to go. I don't have much fat and no adhesions of my scar, but this area is crepey and wrinkly and I'd love it gone. It's the only think I really dislike. Is this par for a scar revision only?

Scar revision

Thank you for your photo. You can have a scar revision that can be performed along with a skin excision to remove that ellipse of skin. Keep in mind that a scar revision replaces your existing scar with another scar which is slightly longer, but ideally less noticeable than the original. It is best to see a specialist for a physical examination to determine exactly how much skin can be removed together with the c-section scar. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee MDPlastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Scar on Body -- Fraxel/Microneedling, Sculptra/Fat/Bellafill, Subcision, Pulsed Dye Laser; Medical Tattooing

There are many options for scars including scar revision with surgery and treatment with lasers, microneedling and PRP afterward. For skin tightening surgical procedures are an option, but you may consider non-invasive treatments such as venus legacy, ThermiRF, Velashape, and Thermage. Please see an expert for evaluation and treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

C-Section scar revision

You need to perform a C-Section scar revision along with a mini tummy tuck in order to remove redundant skin over the lower abdominal region. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

C section scar

thank you for your question. If it is the scar that you're worried about it can easily be revised however I would also recommend using the embrace scar therapy system to ensure the scar heals as best as possible. 

C -section scar revision

You have a well healed scar and minimal loose skin in the lower portion of the abdomen in the pictures provided. Recommend an in person evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for a mini abdominoplasty. I do not recommend a reverse tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. The scars tend to widen with time. Best, Dr. Yegiyants

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon