Follow-up Question - Am I a good candidate for BBL?

My measurements are 38-29-41.5 and I was wondering if I could possibly be 38-25-45? I'm 5'4 and 155 pounds, should I lose weight before bbl? I'm 20 years old.

To see original question, please click here.

It would require an in person consultation to give you the best answer but in general the measurements depend on your abdominal wall measurements as compared to the excess amount of fat to be removed from the waistline.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I specialize in Brazilian Butt lifts and body contouring procedures.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Dont loose the weight !

Thank you for your question.   A Brazilian Butt Lift   Is a good proceeded for those patients who are trying obtain an augmentation of the central and outer area of the buttock superiorly.  Usually in this procedure liposuction of other areas of her body is necessary to remove the desire fat to be able to injected or "grafted" into the buttocks.  To be able to be a candidate for a Brazilian but lift he must accomplish 3 things:

1-   You need to be able to have enough fat deposits in other areas of your body for a successful transfer.  The volume can range anywhere from 500cc-1000cc.
2- You need to have realistic expectations and make sure you have a good communication with your board certified plastic surgeon.
3- Identify a surgeon who has done several of this procedures and can deliver a consistent result.

BBL Candidate

you are a good candidate for BBL if you have enough fat to transfer to your buttocks; the measurements don't provide detail of your fat reserves; a photo or a consultation will allow accurate evaluation and assessment of how much fat will be transferred to your buttocks.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...I will recommend you to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can help you to achieve your desired results, as you're telling you can be a good candidate for bbl, but it will be better if you have a consultation with a professional. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD