Am I a candidate for tear trough and nasolabia lines fillers? (photo)

I want something permanent perhaps fat transfer? I don't want to keep purchasing fillers every year . I'm interested in fat fillers as it is permanent I know the recovery will be longer as opposed to fillers like restylane and others. The recovery time is the LEAST of my worries I just want some thing permanent and natural looking if that is possible.

Fillers for tear trough and nasolabial folds fat vs. permanent filler

Hi Snake,

Thanks for your question and photo. You are a great candidate for either. Some people feel comfortable with fat as others feel more comfortable with fillers. I think that bellafill is a nice permanent filler option that if placed deep gives great results without the need for another surgical site. But if you are looking for liposuction then fat transfer would be the ideal choice. Please seek a certified surgeon that specializes in fat transfer and it can be challenging to get greats results! down time is the same for both about one week due to swelling and bruising in my experience. Good Luck

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@bellafill @fillers @docmata #drcarlosmata

Restylane

You are an good candidate for the filler treatment.  This has to be done by someone with tremendous experience with fillers. 

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Yes the tear troughs do well with fillers , lasers or microneedling. I suggest you see an expert .  Best, Dr. Emer.

Treatment options for under eye hollowness

Although fat injection is one valid option for under eye hollowness (dark circles), it has cons. Filler injection under eyes lasts 2 years with subsequent treatments lasting even longer. See video and link below. Another more invasive option is tear trough implants.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can I Augment my Tear Troughs and Nasolabial Grooves?

You can augment both areas using fat to achieve longer lasting results. However select a surgeon who has experience with fat grafts around the eyes because this is technically demanding.

Am I a candidate for tear trough and nasolabia lines fillers? (photo

HA fillers like restylane will last 2-4 years in the lower lid and can be removed if there is a problem. Fat  may grow if you gain weight in the future and is very difficult to remove. Radiesse works  by making scar tissue and cannot be removed if there is a problem.

You should be careful of things permanent in the face.  Permanent means forever  and usually does not age well as the rest of the face changes.

If it were me or my best friend I would do HA fillers.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Permanent volume enhancement in the face

You appear to be a good candidate for fillers in both the nasolabial fold and tear troughs.

fillers are by far more accurate than fat transfer in these areas.

Be very careful having fat transfer below the eyes.

Too many times this leads to bad outcomes and potentially disastrous outcomes.

Radiesse is an excellent filler that lasts much longer than Jupiter.

It's also a financially better value.

there are permanent or semipermanent fillers such as Artefill. I would be cautious of using these.

If you move forward with fat transfer it should only be done by someone who is very experienced and has technical expertise as well as good aesthetic judgment.

while it may be frustrating to need treatments on a regular basis fillers are probably your best option.

Mats Hagstrom M.D. 

Mats Hagstrom, MD