Am I a candidate for bulbous reduction? (photos)

I am planning to get a bulbous reduction, what difference will it make?

Bulbous tip Reduction Rhinoplasty

Dear Ulkermamedowz24, I recall a few of your other posts and as stated in those you would be a candidate for a full rhinoplasty not just one addressing the tip. The nose needs to be balanced to provide a natural looking appearance and if you address just the tip then the width of the bridge will appear larger and other portions of your nose will look unbalanced. See a surgeon and have imaging performed so that you can see how the proposed changes would look. Once this is performed the surgeon can discuss in detail the techniques that will be used to provide you the desired result. Review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. For further examples see the video above and link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Rhinoplasty Goals

The changes you describe can be achieved with rhinoplasty.  One thing to keep in mind though is that there is a limitation to the amount of tip refinement you can achieve (how small/narrow) because of the thickness of your skin.  If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip etc.

A rhinoplasty can't refine your bulbous tip as well as any other changes that need to be done. I would need to see more photographs to say exactly what else would be needed. Make sure you see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

Rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip reduction

A Rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish reduction of the bulbous tip with placement of suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the tip cartilages.  Thick skin will be a significant impediment to seeing refinement  in that area.  For more information  and many examples, please see the link and video below

Am I a candidate for reduction of bulbous tip?

Your photo is of limited help but it appears that refinement of your nasal base and possibly narrowing of your bridge would be beneficial.  You need to be examined in a face-to-face consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to get an accurate estimate as to how much change is possible.  At that time you can review before-and-after photos of other patients or imaged photos of yourself to see if it is something you would like to entertain.
Good luck and best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Rhinoplasty and bulbous tips

Patients seeking rhinoplasty frequently would like to refine the tip of their nose.The technique to refine the nose depends on a few features of your nasal anatomy. Here are two of the major factors. 1. Size vs shape. Occasionally it's the shape of the nose that makes it look so big. This is critical to identify, because reducing these cartilages instead of repositioning them can produce weakness and eventual problems like retraction and overrotation. 2. Skin thickness: Thick skin requires more structure to stretch the skin, which may make the nose look bigger from the side view. Thin skin may need a small repositioning or reduction of the cartilage to make it look smaller. 
It's important to have a rhinoplasty specialists ask about your medical history, examine your nose, and take standardized photographs to present a treatment plan appropriate for the feature of your nose. I like to use 3D simulation software so we can get on the same page before going to the operating room. This is also your opportunity to ask about the risks of the surgery. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Probably

Thank you for your question and photo.  Keep in mind that taking a photo from a short distance with a small lens camera (like a phone) will lead to significant barrel distortion making central objects that are closer seem proportionally much larger than they really are.  Your photo exhibits this type of effect.  Regardless, it appears that you may benefit from thinning the tip skin and refining the dorsum and tip.  If this is something that bothers you, see a rhinoplasty expert who can evaluate you, show you standardized photos and make a plan based on your desires and their talent.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon