Am I a candidate for a BBL with own fat? (photos)

Im really interested in a BBL with fat transfer & not with implants. Im 5'7 Feet & weigh 143 ibs. I don't want to have a big butt, rather a nice projectiom & to improve my shape so that it's hourglass-like & not so flat. I also wonder if I should gain a bit for an BBL & after the surgery, slowly loose it? Will the surgeon be able to shape the body better? Thankful for all the answers!

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not as it is hard to determine from these photographs if you have adequate amount of fat to achieve your cosmetic goals. If you have little body fat, you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift, if you are against implants then the other option I suggest is engaging in glute/hamstring targeting exercises to build the gluteal muscles and give the buttocks a rounder appearance with more projection. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for a BBL with own fat?

As with many other fairly thin patient, noticeable results are possible but you will need to use multiple areas of liposuction and have realistic expectations. Weight gain can technically make the procedure easier to harvest the fat. 

Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  

I will tell you with years experience that implants will not give you a natural look and are up to 60% rejected from the body. Your own fat will be not rejected and give you that natural look and you will not loose the fat after your 6 months procedure.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.  

The state of Florida board of medicine limits the amount of pure fat remove to 4000cc or 4liters. This is implemented for patient safety. Any higher volume then the patient would require resuscitation at a hospital setting.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Are you a candidate for a BBL?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

BBL Candidate

Hello, thanks for your pictures and your inquiry. Although you don't have a lot of fatty tissue, you might get a good result getting fat from your abdomen, thighs and lower back. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

#BBL #fatgrafting

Babsen,

Yes, you are a candidate however you will likely need multiple areas of liposuction and a scupltra boost to see a noticeable difference.

Don't gain weight just to get a bbl, when you lose the weight later, you lose your results.

Feel free to call or email us if you have any further questions.

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Barrett Plastic Surgery
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 216
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Candidate for BBL

Great question!  Although you are on the thinner spectrum of patients and do not have much fat to remove, it is possible to improve your shape.  Liposuction can shrink down the lovehandles and lower back to create an improved appearance. I tell thin patients like yourself, that I will remove as much fat as I possibly can, safely, and place this into the buttocks.  You will not have a significant change to the buttock size, but by performing body sculpting with liposuction and providing a little more volume to your buttocks, your shape can be improved.  With that being said, only with an in person consultation can a physical examination be performed to see how much fatty tissue you have, then a more appropriate recommendation be provided.

Best of luck and hope this information helps!

- Dr. Roger Tsai

@DrRogerTsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

BBL candidate

Your shape can definitely be transformed from a square shape to a rounder shape with more projection. Gaining a few pounds before surgery would certainly help your result since 30% of the transferred fat will shrink in the first few months. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for a detailed exam and review of your medical history.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I have specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL CANDIDATE

You are a candidate for the liposuction on you abdomen, flanks, lower back, also in the inside of your thighs, and the fat from those areas can be transferred to the buttock, to give you better curves and a more hourglass shape, even if the buttocks are not big, they will look better in shape.