8 weeks post-op - Liposuction has now left me with no curves. Can I fix this? Maybe fat transfer into the areas? (Photo)

I had curves before and PS is telling me that it is just genetics. Which is not true since I had a nice hourglass figure beforehand. I know he was overaggressive since it is 8 weeks now and I am still in pain mode. 9 hours in surgery and only had the top of me done, not legs. 8 liters of fat and now I look like a boy. Can I get this fixed? Clearly this doctor was not good and I made a huge mistake.

Loss of curves

Hello and thank you for your questions. Unfortunately, you are still too early in the recovery stage to properly assess. From the pictures provided, you are still swelling. I recommend waiting three to six months to see if you are healing well and the swelling has subsided. Please follow-up with your surgeon or seek another medical advice from an experienced board-certified surgeon. I wish you the best of luck!

Post Liposuction/8 Weeks/Loss of Curves--Body Contouring with Fat Grafting, Vanquish, CoolSculpting, Venus Legacy

It is still too soon to evaluate your final results. You should be getting lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen and RF treatments with your compression for any swelling at this time. For a curvier look, I recommend non-invasive treatments like non invasive treatments such as vanquish, coolsculpting/sculpsure, exilis/venus legacy for sculpting or VASER HI-DEF revision, if you end up being unhappy with your results. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

The loss of curves

Based on your after picture you look very swollen.

Way too swollen to judge your results.

You also did not appear to be someone who 8 L of fat could easily be removed from.

Based on the pictures alone your results are far from final and you need to wait and be patient.

Fat transfer may be a possibility but it's unlikely you will have sufficient amounts of fat left on your body for this to be a realistic option.

Without an examination it's not possible to give you an accurate assessment.

At eight weeks a lot of swelling should go down but your picture looks more like one or two weeks out from surgery.

No one gets bigger from liposuction long-term.

At this point you simply need to wait until you have your final results which will be 3 to 6 months.

At that point you can make a final assessment and see if there's room for any type of revision procedure.

Concerns over lack of results or bad results within the first few weeks after liposuction is perhaps the most frequently posted question on RealSelf under the liposuction forum

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction - lots removed and now no curves

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am so sorry you are unhappy with your result -
  • You are still very swollen at this point - and will not see your final result for at least another 4 months.
  • So give yourself time to heal - and then decide if correction is needed.
  • If you have fat elsewhere, it can be harvested and injected into the areas where you had curves.
  •  Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Change in curves after liposuction

It is possible that there is still a good amount of swelling left in the tissue at 8 weeks post-op, especially if you are in a good amount of pain.  Give the areas time to heal completely.  If after the swelling has resolved there is still concern over the contouring, it may be possible to improve contour by suctioning the waist and transfering fat to the hips.  Be patient, but if you are not happy with the responses that you are receiving, it might be a good idea to get a second opinion.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon