8 months post op and right breast still hasn't fully dropped. (photo)

I had a breast augmentation in January 2016 and my right breast is still sitting much higher than my left one. I got 600cc silicone under the muscle. I did all of the massages and exercises I was instructed to do and even got a muscle relaxer to help my implant drop and still nothing. Is there anything else I can do to help the implant drop or am I completely SOL and need a revision surgery?

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Without your pre operative photos, difficult to comment.  I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon so he/she can recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast outcomes and revisions

Your question is a great one but unfortunately some more information is needed.  Without your pre-operative photos, it's hard to say what should be expected from the surgery that you had.  If you had very similar breasts before your surgery and now your breast appear to be significantly different, then you should get an evaluation for revision as you might have some contracture on the higher side.  If, however, your breasts looked different before surgery, then this outcome may be very reasonable, and symmetry improvement might need to include a lift on the lower side.

In evaluating breasts in my Santa Barbara practice, we record differences in breast length and width, as well as nipple position and where the fold under your breast lies.  This last feature, including the distance between the fold and the nipple, are often different from side to side and may require some extra work to make as symmetric as possible.

I recommend you discussing this with your PS and going over your pre-operative photos to get the best idea of how to manage your current situation.

Dr. L

8 months post op and right breast still hasn't fully dropped.

Thank you for your pictures and questions. It would be helpful to see your pre-op photos to get a better idea of where you started. But, your surgeon is the only person who knows what happened during surgery and he or she is in the best place to decide how to proceed from here. I would say that by 8 months, this is likely your ultimate result and I think to get significant improvement, you will require revision surgery. 

Hope this helps!

Asymmetry of breasts

unfortunately, a revision operation may really be your only option at this point.  I think your right breast needs to be lowered a bit. Should be a brief procedure.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Not happy with my breast aug results. What next.

Hi and thank you for the question.  Without seeing you in person, or seeing photos of what you looked like before surgery I can only give you so much feedback. That being said  there are a couple of things that I noticed from the photo you provided. First, it looks like your doctor lowered the folds of your breast to accommodate large implants. It looks like you have a slight double bubble as a result of this on the left side. On the right side the surgeon may not have released the tissue as much which could explain the higher implant position. I think it's likely you will end up getting a revision procedure to improve your results. I think you might be best off having smaller implants placed with modification of the pockets to improve the shape and symmetry. Good luck to you 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation revision

Without preoperative photos for comparison, it's not possible to give you any information regarding what may or may not have happened. However, the results this many months after surgery are stable and will not change without surgery. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast revision

A breast revision with an open capsulectomy is necessary to open the pocket and lower the implant. Seek breast revision consultations in your area. Tissue expansion will now only help minimal. Best of luck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation.  At this point, eight months out of surgery, I think that most of the changes expected after breast augmentation have likely occurred. It certainly won't hurt to continue your efforts but, based on the photographs and your description of concerns, it is likely that additional surgery will be necessary to improve breast symmetry. 

The good news: this type of surgery, often involving adjustment of the breast implant capsule (capsulotomy)  is a relatively well-tolerated procedure with less associated discomfort…compared to first time breast augmentation surgery.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with more specific/relevant advice. Best wishes.