8 months post breast augmentation I had my consult with my plastic surgeon to tell him I'm unhappy. He gave me 3 options (Photo)

1: leave them they look good in a bra (who sees your nipples) 2: $10,000 for a lift 3: he will take them out and he will refund $10,000 I saw another surgeon he told me not to get them removed because my skin wouldn't be stretched anymore. He said the implant isn't positioned correctly the size is too small for me. I had 390cc 12cm width and my measurement is 13.5cm. should I still get a refund if I get another surgeon to fix them because he said he would refund me to have them taken out anyway?

A Breast Lift May be Helpful If you Are Unhappy with your Breast Augmentation

You demonstrate ptosis or drooping of your breasts in your before picture. Areolas below your fold mean a lift is needed not just repositioning the implant..  Your doctor has given good advice at this point.

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) often as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.

Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct height may also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Focus on what change would make you happy.

It sounds like you’re concerned about the position of your breasts and nipples, not the size of your breasts. If that’s the reason for your unhappiness, breast augmentation revision to have larger breast implants won’t give you the results you want. As you’ve seen, breast implants can’t improve the position of your nipples or breasts. Breast implants add volume to the existing structure of your breast. You may want to consider having a breast lift to raise the position of your breasts and create a better shape.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

When unhappy and your surgeon is offering a refund

that seems the best choice but I can't think of any surgeon actually refunding the full fee... are you sure of what was put on the table for you?  Removing them will not leave you horribly deformed and then you can start over again with another surgeon.  Or you could just live with them as mentioned in option 1... but its unfortunate you were not forewarned about what result you would achieve with implants alone as this was potentially preventable.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Lift

If the low position of your areolas is what you are unhappy with, larger implants will not solve this. You may need to consider a full breast lift to reshape the breasts and lift the position of the nipples.
I recommend that you discuss these options in person with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Unhappy after Breast Augmentation

It is not uncommon for women to be unhappy after a breast augmentation when their primary need was to reshape the breasts.  In my opinion you need a real shaping lift, not a circumareolar lift which is not a real lift but a skin tightening procedure.  Talk to your PS about this.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Dissatisfaction

Hello,You already had a lift, a circumareolar lift. Your implants are too high, and repositioning them will help. There may be an issue with your capsules as well. Putting in larger implants won't help.  Go visit a few ABPS certified and ASAPS member surgeons who specialize in revision breast surgery. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Unhappy after Breast Augmenation

The question that needs to be answered here is why are you unhappy?Larger implants will not, in my opinion, improve the appearance of your breasts.  It will make your breasts you bigger if that is what you would like.  What I see is that your nipple and areola are too low, and a breast lift would be needed to improve the aesthetic appearance of your breasts.  The breast lift will reduce the size of the areola slightly and bring them up to a higher location on the breasts so the they are at the maximal point of projection.  A breast lift does leave permanent scars on your breasts and you have to be ready for that.  The scars do lighten up over time, but they will never go away completely.  The type of lift you need is difficult to say without a proper examination.Hope that helps.Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Unhappy

With a breast augmentation, your breasts will enlarge.   You will have minimal changes to nipple position or breast shape.     You look like you got a good result.    A mastopexy will improve the nipple position and help with breast shape.   It sounds like there has been a miscommunication of your goals.  

Kenneth Sumida, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

BREAST LIFT

I will ask you first, why you are unhappy, it is because the size?, of because the position of the nipples and areolas? or because there is a small asymmetry? In my opinion your size is good and the only problem is the position of the breast that are a little asymmetrical, especially on your nipples and areolas, and a breast lift will correct that. There will be different scars and you should discuss that with your surgeon. A bigger implant will not correct the position of the areolas and they may still look too low for the breast.

Juan Carlos Fuentes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon