8 weeks post op. Is this Capsular Contracture for the second time? Could a bear hug second week post op have caused it? (Photos)

In June 2015 I had my very first BA. After one year they really didn't drop and nipples were very low. My surgeon performed revision on pockets and kept same implants Sientra Silcone and gave me a lift. First week post op I had a large bruise that progressed and he prescribed antibiotics. Then my soft left breast started to harden and lift upward. I received a bear hug from a big guy unaware of my revision and the bruised developed about 5 days after drains were removed.

Wondering If This Is The Development Of A Capsular Contracture

It is very possible that this is the development of a Capsular Contracture. “Could a bear hug have caused this?”—the causes of a Capsular Contracture can be many, and this is a phenomenon in plastic surgery that is still not fully understood. If you had trauma in the initial phases of healing that led to bleeding around the implant, this could have caused it. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing for sure. I would recommend close follow up with your surgeon to discuss appropriate treatment options. Best of luck!

Its normal to have subtle asymmetries as you do

but your surgeon should have some recommendations for you on how to lower the fuller side.  I like to use massage and asymmetric bras to help in such situations but your surgeon should be most motivated to see that you achieve your desired goals.

Curtis Wong, MD

Left breast asymmetry

You have left breast upper pole fullness and not necessarily capsular contracture; An examination would be necessary to determined what the source of your upper breast pole fulnness is; possibilities include:1)extra fat2)pocket dissected too high so it is being tethered3)breast implant malposition

Arian Mowlavi, MD

8 weeks post op. Is this Capsular Contracture for the second time? Could a bear hug second week post op have caused it

Blood in the pocket is very inflammatory and that inflammation has a higher chance of causing a capsular contracture. The fact that you had a bruise tells me there was blood there. Sorry to hear about it

Julio Garcia, MD

Irregular breast shape after revision

From your photographs, it seems like you do not have normal early healing. You need to seek advice from your plastic surgeon and make sure there is nothing to do immediately. Often, we just have to wait in these situations and see how things turn out. You may indeed need further surgery but this is difficult to assess at this point.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon