7 months post-op; my surgeon told me my nipples would lift but they haven't. What should I do? (Photos)

I had my breast augmentation 7 months ago. I had 390cc medium height, high profile teardrop. My surgeon told me my nipples with lift 1-2cms with just implants. They haven't. They look like they are getting worse. What should I do?

Your photos do show your nipples in an 'elevated' position

in relation to the breast tissue.  They are not perky but certainly better than where you started from in February.  If you want better visuals, take your photos from the side and you should see a better profile.  You have good results for just having implants.  If you want better, you're going to need a revision but the old saying about trying to achieve perfection.

Nipple height after breast augmentation.

Hi - the nipples won't lift 7 months after surgery. Placing breast implants gives the illusion of a lift which will be seen immediately post op. 

The only way to truly lift the nipples is with a mastopexy where scars are placed around the nipple and possibly vertically downwards. Some women are unwilling to accept scars on the front of the breast so must compromise on nipple height. 

Good luck

They look how they should look

The reality is, the nipples always stay in the same place. The only thing that happens is the implant settle and it gives the ILLUSION that the nipples raise but if you measure from your sternal notch, they don't move.

Lift Needed

Can't tell anything with your arms above your shoulders. Can't explain why the nipples appear lower without an examination. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

7 months post-op; my surgeon told me my nipples would lift but they haven't. What should I do?

Thank you for your question. Your pictures were taken with arms elevated, not ideal for comparison. I  think you got good outcome. please talk to your PS and express your concern

Lift

Thank you for the photos and they demonstrate why photos should be taken with the arms at the side by someone else because as you raise your arms you lift the breasts.  With your arms at your side I bet your breasts are ptotic and therefore you probably would have benefited from a lift at the time of your augmentation 

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

7 months post-op; my surgeon told me my nipples would lift but they haven't.

Thank you for the pictures; you do a nice job demonstrating progression of breast implant "settling". Based on your photographs, I think that the nipple/areola complexes do sit higher on each breast mound now, than they did back in February.   Overall, I think you have achieved a very nice outcome; I do not think breast lifting is indicated. Best to follow up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and advice. Best wishes.