Is 650 high profile a small size when inserted in me? Why not let me go bigger the first time?

I feel very small after my augmentation and lift, i was a full b cup , im 5 ft tall and thin, i got 650 round high profile implants under the muscle and i tought i would be bigger but my doctor didnt let me go bigger, why is that? So much money spent to be unhappy , they are big from the side but the front seems boring , i hate them. I dont feel any different when i look down at them .

650 cc's in patients 5' tall

should produce huge results so I'm puzzled as to why you cannot appreciate anything different when viewed from the front.  Just want are you wanting when viewing yourself from the front?  In addition to the generous size you received, your chest dimensions will determine just how large an implant can be used and I would speculate you were already at your upper limits that made your surgeon tell no 'no more'.  Posting photos would allow the gallery to provide you a more objective opinion but I know you're much fuller and larger and am unable to appreciate just what look you still desire.

Too small after breast augmentation/lifting surgery.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to  accurate/relevant information.

Generally speaking, there are limits as to how large of a breast implant can be utilized safely during breast augmentation/lifting surgery.  Remember, that during breast lifting surgery, some skin is removed, thereby limiting the "space" available for breast implants. On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery in the future ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Sizing Implants

Sizing implants is a pretty specific game. We have to measure many different aspects of the breast. There is such a thing as going too big and causing harm to your breast tissue. My guess is your surgeon pushed the limits of that size for you. Not seeing pictures makes it hard to know, but it sound like your surgeon has your best interest in mind.

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

Proper sizing involves taking into account not just aesthetic goals, but also anatomic limitations. One can assume that your surgeon felt 650 was you maximum safe capacity. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Size

Seorry for your disappointment and size is an individual decision based on measurements.  Only your surgeon knows why 650 was the largest he would go with you.  So speak with him or see other experts in the area and get their opinion

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD