5 months PO open rhino & septo done on Indian skin. How long will my tip & columella take to heal?

I had just a dorsal hump removed & a columellar strut graft inserted to straighten my tip. At 5 months PO I want to know how realistic I'm being in expecting the following in the coming months: - Tip to drop a little bit more (I still have a 'piggy' look) - Tip to soften & get more definition (at the moment it's very hard & bulbous) - Columella to soften & shrink (still very hard & round around my stitches adding to my 'piggy' look)

Post op rhinoplasty

A lot of the swelling will have gone down by 6 months after a nasal surgery.  However, everyone heals differently and it is quite normal to take up to 1 year for everything to settle down.  I would recommend that you follow up with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. 

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

HEALING AFTER SEPTORHINOPLASTY

Dear ria_xo, The majority of your swelling will dissipate around five to six months with the residual swelling taking an entire year. I would speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns as he/she knows best where you are in the recovery phase and what changes you can expect as well as what your proposed results were. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Recovering from rhinoplasty and evaluating your result

Rhinoplasty recovery is a healing process. It takes time for the swelling to go down and the results to be seen. You're in the middle stage of healing. In the first 6-8 weeks the majority of swelling goes down. Over 6-9 months you'll experience a downward trending rollercoaster ride of swelling up/down. At 1 year the result should be evident, but the nose continues to heal and refine with tiny changes for years after that.
Without photographs it is hard to make any comment regarding your nose. Please be patient and keep your follow up appointments so your surgeon may track your progress toward a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon