5 months after rhinoplasty surgery, I have a bump on the left side and the nose; looks longer and curved to the left? (Photos)

My surgeon explains that it is still swelling and needs at least 18 months to be completely healed and be what i expect.

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

I can see the asymmetry that you are concerned with. It is difficult to judge the cause of the asymmetry without an in-person exam but it appears that the left lateral crura is in a different orientation compared to the right. There could also be a batten graft there. This might be more prominent right now because of some swelling of the soft tissue overlying the cartilage but the location and orientation of the underlying cartilage is not likely to change. I would recommend that you continue to see your surgeon and be patient. This might not be a long-term issue. Revision rhinoplasty is usually not recommended until 12 months have passed.

Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

Five Months Post Rhinoplasty Concerns with Asymmetry

Dear djordje, I do see your concerns with the appearance of your nose and while the swelling will continue to dissipate over the coming months it is not my opinion that you will see it straighten or shorten as time goes on. You will need to wait an entire year to determine any final results. Keep discussing your concerns with your surgeon and if you decide to seek secondary opinion it would be helpful to request a copy of your operative report for review. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Nasal contour irregularity

Nasal contour irregularity can occur following rhinoplasty; as swelling resides irregularities tend to become more prominent. As long as your nose is straight, you may have to live with subtle contour irregularities.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Curved nose after rhinoplasty?

This will probably resolve as the swelling goes down by 1 year. Continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Although there is swelling, you have a curved (deviated) septum causing the appearance of a bump. This will probably be there after all swelling is gone. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS